Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iPod manager (Read 2220502 times) previous topic - next topic

[seemingly abandonware] iPod manager

Reply #3875
Need help
I have most of my music in flac and when I send them to my ipod touch 1G it converts them to mp3 using LAME
The problem is that the contents of the UNSYNCED LYRICS tags turn into "."

Reply #3876
So I'm just gonna take a guess and say that foo_dop no longer works for ios7?

Unfortunately, that means I'm gonna have to find a new media player. The one thing I hate more than iTunes is having multiple programs that do the same thing on my computer.

Reply #3877
So I'm just gonna take a guess and say that foo_dop no longer works for ios7?

Unfortunately, that means I'm gonna have to find a new media player. The one thing I hate more than iTunes is having multiple programs that do the same thing on my computer.

your sir are guessing right. some people claim to use it with their old 160GB iPods, but anything newer will be a pain in your ass 

Reply #3878
Sorry to bump this topic, but maybe someone else has had a similar problem. I recently got an iPod Nano 7th gen. I have the latest version of foobar and foo_dop, Apple Mobile Device Support and Apple Application Support have been installed and I have iPhoneCalc.dll in foobar installation folder. And yet when I want to send music to my iPod, I get the followin error - "Failed to query SQL process commands. Check ipod driver is installed. Write operations are disabled."

Anyone have had it as well? Any solutions? Or am I out of luck and have to install iTunes?  I only use foobar and with my iPod nano 3rd gen it worked perfectly.

Reply #3879
I can confirm that I can still use it to manage my Generation 6 iPod Classic, which runs v2.0.4 of the iPod firmware (as opposed to iOS). Due to the abandoned nature of this plugin, using it with any newer device will probably be impossible.

Reply #3880
Is it known whether there are any alternatives in the works? After now using iTunes just to copy music, I realize how used I got to the awesomeness of this component compared to that crap...

Reply #3881
Is it known whether there are any alternatives in the works? After now using iTunes just to copy music, I realize how used I got to the awesomeness of this component compared to that crap...

i feel like foobar is going to be used less and less as ipods cant be used. I do not want to use my phone as a mp3 player due to it wasting lots of battery and unfortunately, ipods are the only mp3 players worth buying...

Reply #3882
Hi,

could someone please upload the latest iphonecalc.dll? The Mediafire-link on the website is down.

Reply #3883
Hi,

could someone please upload the latest iphonecalc.dll? The Mediafire-link on the website is down.

While googling for iphonecalc.dll I found out about a program called Moborobo that has the dll. Just install it go to it's directory and copy the dll.

Works like a charm.

Reply #3884
I somehow got past the SQL write error without knowing it but whatever.

---

Syncing with iTunes will put your songs in F00 folder structures with scrambled filenames.
Sending using foo_dop will do the same but uses your own filenames, but truncated.

My issue is I'm afraid foo_dop will, by chance, put 2 different songs in the same folder with identical filenames. For example, two completely different "Intro.mp3" in F05.

What can I do to avoid this issue? I cannot include the artist name in the filename pattern since it will probably be truncated.

Reply #3885
Hi guys I'm having a problem I can't figure out how to solve.

I recently moved foobar from one computer to another and was able to move all my configurations and settings.  However, I'm having an issue with the iPod manager plugin.

I was able to view all the music on my ipod.  I was also able to remove all the music on my ipod.  I am unable to reload my music to my ipod.  Foobar crashes anytime I attempt to synchronize.  I am still using my other computer as well and I am able to load music on the ipod with no problems.  I was planning on moving to this new computer permanently  so I would like to get this working.

I am using the same components in both foobar installations.  I verified that the encoders work under the ipod preferences.  I also encoded some of my FLAC files to AAC, and then tried loading those files and still got a crash.

This was the case with both 0.6.9.7 and 0.6.9.6.  My working installation is using 0.6.9.6 

I'm relatively new to foobar so I'm not sue what information you guys would need to help me trouble shoot this.  Thanks for the help in advance!

Reply #3886
Hi guys I'm having a problem I can't figure out how to solve.

I recently moved foobar from one computer to another and was able to move all my configurations and settings.  However, I'm having an issue with the iPod manager plugin.

I was able to view all the music on my ipod.  I was also able to remove all the music on my ipod.  I am unable to reload my music to my ipod.  Foobar crashes anytime I attempt to synchronize.  I am still using my other computer as well and I am able to load music on the ipod with no problems.  I was planning on moving to this new computer permanently  so I would like to get this working.

I am using the same components in both foobar installations.  I verified that the encoders work under the ipod preferences.  I also encoded some of my FLAC files to AAC, and then tried loading those files and still got a crash.

This was the case with both 0.6.9.7 and 0.6.9.6.  My working installation is using 0.6.9.6 

I'm relatively new to foobar so I'm not sue what information you guys would need to help me trouble shoot this.  Thanks for the help in advance!

So I don't know why I didn't think to check this before but I noticed that the foobar version on my new computer was 1.3.2 and my old computer was 1.3.1.  Luckily I still had the old 1.3.1 installer and loaded that on my new computer and now I am able to add songs to my iPod again.

I guess this means that foo_dop 0.6.9.6 is not compatible with the latest stable release of foobar?  Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Reply #3887
This isn't documented anywhere on http://yuo.be/wiki/dop:start so I thought I'd post this here in case if anyone came from Google search looking for an answer.

It says Nano 7th Generation only requires iPhonecalc.dll, but apparently you also need to be on 1.0.2 firmware. Updating to 1.0.3 will break foo_dop functionality and give you the usual SQL write error.

Acquire iPod_1.0.2_37A20067.ipsw and shift click [Restore iPod...] in iTunes to downgrade back to 1.0.2. You need "Manually manage music and videos" checked but you do not need to preload any music using iTunes first as some suggested.

Reply #3888
hi guys,

after a reinstall of my PC, i'm looking for iPhonecalc.dll, unable to find it on the web.
Is there anyone can put a share for this file?

Thanks a lot in advance

Theyort

Reply #3889
This isn't documented anywhere on http://yuo.be/wiki/dop:start so I thought I'd post this here in case if anyone came from Google search looking for an answer.

It says Nano 7th Generation only requires iPhonecalc.dll, but apparently you also need to be on 1.0.2 firmware. Updating to 1.0.3 will break foo_dop functionality and give you the usual SQL write error.

Acquire iPod_1.0.2_37A20067.ipsw and shift click [Restore iPod...] in iTunes to downgrade back to 1.0.2. You need "Manually manage music and videos" checked but you do not need to preload any music using iTunes first as some suggested.

Thank you so much for this tip! I did as you told and it works like a charm now.

@theyort
Do as Sarmatios told before. Or alternatively you can get it from installing MediaMonkey as well.

Reply #3890
[I had a Zune 120GB that was lost or stolen. I am familiar with the Zune and Window Media Player software. I want to use Foobar with this plugin. I am hoping that Foobar will allow me to "point" it to my collection [MP3s only] "My Music", but on a storage drive, not my system drive. With both Zune software and WMP, after doing this all of your music is detected and displayed and ready to sync. This is what I am hoping to get with Foobar.]

Q: What is the latest version of foo_dop? I ask because Foobar Web Site indicates v0.6.8.7? However, this, indicates v0.6.8.9?

My device is iPod Classic 160GB 7th Gen from Amazon.com

Q: Has anyone used MGTEK dopisp? This development on this seems to have stopped in the beginning of 2012. I ask because this "might" allow me to user WMP with iPod, but cost $$. The foo_dop is free and seems to have a lot of features.

This is my first step. I'm hoping that Foobar w/foo_dop will me to sync my music more or less easily to my iPod. And, if so, I can play around more later.

EDIT: I've been searching some more about this plug-in. Does this work with a 7th Gen iPod at all?

Reply #3891
Q: What is the latest version of foo_dop? I ask because Foobar Web Site indicates v0.6.8.7? However, this, indicates v0.6.8.9?

You probably read it wrong because both pages say 6.9.7.

As for Zune, WMP, iPod Classic, I'm afraid I can't help you. My Nano 7g was the first Apple device I bought.

Reply #3892

You probably read it wrong because both pages say 6.9.7.

As for Zune, WMP, iPod Classic, I'm afraid I can't help you. My Nano 7g was the first Apple device I bought.

Sorry, I mis-read the version. It says "experimental"? What has your experience using it been like?

Reply #3896
[Sorry, I meant for this to be posted in the foo_dop thread]

[I got album dates displaying: ['['%date%']'] %album% (got this from a tutorial on foo_dop)]

My question is does it make sense to try to get track numbers displaying next to titles? This is what I got using my Zune. And, what here should I use to do this?

Reply #3897
[I got album dates displaying: ['['%date%']'] %album% (got this from a tutorial on foo_dop)]

My question is does it make sense to try to get track numbers displaying next to titles? This is what I got using my Zune. And, what here should I use to do this? My first attempt was to iPod Manager>Field == Title and Mapping == %tracknumber%-%title%. I tried "Synchronize" alone. Next, I tried rewrite database and then "Synchronize". Obviously, I'm not getting the format correctly and/or there are other steps I need to do?

Reply #3898
I have problems, I had do all the tips and notes for iPod Touch, but when I try to load library says "error: no ipod "

Reply #3899

My question is does it make sense to try to get track numbers displaying next to titles? This is what I got using my Zune. And, what here should I use to do this? My first attempt was to iPod Manager>Field == Title and Mapping == %tracknumber%-%title%. I tried "Synchronize" alone. Next, I tried rewrite database and then "Synchronize". Obviously, I'm not getting the format correctly and/or there are other steps I need to do?

You shouldn't have to touch field mapping settings. dop knows to use the song's %artist% for the iPod's %artist% mapping automatically. What you are trying to do (displaying things) has nothing to do with dop. I also can't help you because I'm not a foobar expert.