Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FAQ for newbies? (covering acronyms and stuff) (Read 3239 times) previous topic - next topic

FAQ for newbies? (covering acronyms and stuff)

After years of mp3 usage I'm thinking about switching over to another compression format. Thus I've started reading on this board but there are a lot of abbreviations that elude me. What the heck is ABX, for example?

As well a lot of people seem to refer to certain tests/methods/comparisons already done and discussed which are expected to be known by people who try to follow some conversations in recent threads.

Maybe some of you gurus will find the time to put up a FAQ that covers some of these topics and conclusions that seem to be common amongst the regulars here. Thanks.
http://www.dvdshrink.info/chetwood/
Tools n' guides to automate/enhance the process of ripping DVDs with DVD Shrink
Home of MultiShrink: a small tool to enable DVD Shrink batch processing

FAQ for newbies? (covering acronyms and stuff)

Reply #1
Glossary is under development.
Publish-date unknown.