Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC 1.0 beta 2 with MAREO 6 and/or REACT 2 (Read 10265 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC 1.0 beta 2 with MAREO 6 and/or REACT 2

Hi,

I've been trawling the wiki, forums, FAQs etc but cannot find definitive answers so apologies if I am missing something that is there - I have tried!

My goal is to be able to seamlessly rip a CD to WAV with FLAC and Apple AAC (or 320kb MP3) copies.  I downloaded EAC 1.0 beta 2 and installed it - I get rips to WAV no problems.  I then went to download and install MAREO but the site at webearce.com.ar does not contain a download link and I cannot find an alternative on the web.  I did a bit of trawling and saw REACT 2. I downloaded that and installed it but it does not seem to make a difference.

I configured the ini file to do flac and iTunes:

Flac=1
iTunesAac=1

but no joy when doing and F10 or F4.  I've looked every where for the files (including My docs->my music - the default) and cannot find them.

I noted that REACT 2 does not work with EAC 0.99 and though that perhaps EAC 1.0 is also a problem.  I've tried Akkurat's mod but I still don't get multiple formats being created.

I am sure I must be doing something stupid - I jsut can't work out what!

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Best regards,

jez

Reply #1
Let me upload the last version I have access now. I won't have access to my dev machine for about 2 weeks, but lets see if this works.

Reply #2
Thanks for the links.  I downloaded 6 and got it working.  I needed to change the command line options to:

mareo.ini %source% %dest% "%artist%" "%albumtitle%" "%title%" "%tracknr%" %year% "%genre%"

Many thanks for the help!

Reply #3
Great. Glad it helped you.

Reply #4
Hi,

I have EAC 1.0b2 and Mareo 6 installed. When I execute Mareo from the command line, it works fine. However, when I set up EAC 1.0b2 to invoke Mareo as specified in the post, I receive a message "The external compressor has returned an error!" Not sure what the problem is, and am unable to get any logging setup to help troubleshoot. Would appreciate any help.

Cheers,
NS

Reply #5
Have you edited the INI file? IIRC MAREO would create a MAREO.LOG file.

Reply #6
Have you edited the INI file? IIRC MAREO would create a MAREO.LOG file.

Thanks for the quick response. Below are the relevant sections of the INI file. The log file is created but is zero bytes.

; ————————————————————————————————————————————————————
; IS MAREO REQUIRED TO LOG TO THE SCREEN?
LogToScreen = TRUE

; IS MAREO REQUIRED TO LOG TO A TXT/LOG FILE?
LogToFile = TRUE

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; MP3 LAME: best MP3 encoder: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3.html
; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXECUTEIF = TRUE
FINALPATH = J:\Music\[1]\[GENRE]\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\
FINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED] [TITLE]
VAFINALPATH = J:\Music\[1]\[GENRE]\Various Artists\[ALBUM]\
VAFINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED] [ARTIST] - [TITLE]
CUEFINALPATH = J:\Music\[1]\[ARTIST]\
CUEFINALNAME = [ARTIST] - [YEAR] - [ALBUM]
EXTENSION = mp3
ENCODEREXE = C:\encoders\lame\lame.exe
PARAMETERS = -V5 --vbr-new --ignore-tag-errors --ta "[ARTIST]" --tl "[ALBUM]" --tt "[TITLE]" --tn "[TRACK]" --ty "[YEAR]" --tg "[GENRE]" "[SOURCE]" "[DESTTMP]"
RENAME = TRUE

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; FLAC: most supported lossless encoder: http://flac.sourceforge.net/
; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXECUTEIF = TRUE
FINALPATH = J:\Music\[1]\[GENRE]\[ARTIST]\[ALBUM]\
FINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED] [TITLE]
VAFINALPATH = J:\Music\[1]\[GENRE]\Various Artists\[ALBUM]\
VAFINALNAME = [TRACKPADDED] [ARTIST] - [TITLE]
CUEFINALPATH = J:\Music\[1]\[ARTIST]\
CUEFINALNAME = [ARTIST] - [YEAR] - [ALBUM]
EXTENSION = flac
ENCODEREXE = C:\encoders\Flac\flac.exe
PARAMETERS = -8 -V "[SOURCE]" -o "[DESTTMP]" -T artist="[ARTIST]" -T album="[ALBUM]" -T title="[TITLE]" -T tracknumber="[TRACK]" -T date="[YEAR]" -T genre="[GENRE]"
RENAME = TRUE

Am using the user-defined encoder in EAC with .mareo as the extension and the additional command line options as
mareo.ini %source% %dest% "%artist%" "%albumtitle%" "%title%" "%tracknr%" "%year%" "%genre%" "English"

Reply #7
That is 6b2? I think it is 5.

Reply #8
That is 6b2? I think it is 5.

Hi,

I just downloaded the 6b2 from the link above in this post. The only two lines that I added that were not in the ini were related to logging since I was not sure whether they were required or not. When I execute it from the command line, it gives me the message 6.0b2.

Reply #9
It doesn't uses those lines.

It checks for the existence of 2 files, where mareo.exe is: "MAREO.EXE.NOSCREENLOG" and "MAREO.EXE.NOFILELOG". If any exist, it does not logs to the screen or a file.

Reply #10
Thanks for being patient and helping out. I finally figured out the issue.

In EAC 1.0b2, under EAC Options - Tools, I had the "Do not open external compressor window" checked which is what caused the error. Unchecking this launches Mareo successfully.

Reply #11
I just installed EAC on a new system and set up mareo with lame and flac again. This helped me alot!

In EAC "Do not open external compressor window" is checked by default, so its good to know you have to uncheck it.

For me "Add mp3 tags" was checked by default too and that completly crashed my EAC giving only a crpytic error line...

You do have to uncheck some things to work so if someone would do a guide, im sure that would help people like me

Reply #12
And what is final MAREOs version? Official site isn't working( Thanks!