Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [OFF-TOPIC] From: Audible Differences in DAC's? (Read 1428 times) previous topic - next topic

[OFF-TOPIC] From: Audible Differences in DAC's?

Thanks to all who have replied.  Very informative, and the responses have made me rethink possible solutions to an audio components connection issue that I am trying to resolve...guess I need to start a new thread,lol.

Thanks again...

I'm using the HRT Pro which is a usb powered dac, sounds just as good as my benchmark usb pre. I Purchased it used on audiogon for 300. I'm still keeping my pre, but every few years something comes along... They just designed one better than the pro call the hrt hd (the pro is now discontinued the hd has better specs), it should be on their website soon. The pro was reviewed in stereophile, but it's just as flat as the benchmark on a scope, so it's your ears that need to approve at this point. It's all about isolation of the noise the computer is combining with your audio. hirestech.com is the website.

Reply #1
Here is the new HRT HD dac, i'm not sure if it's available yet, have to ask them. It looks like it answered all the things people wanted, goes up to 192k, native audio 1.0 or 2.0 driver, rca and mini xlr out, all on the same item. Might be hard to beat.

http://highresolutiontechnologies.com/musi...reamer-hd#prodd

Reply #2
Here is the new HRT HD dac, i'm not sure if it's available yet, have to ask them. It looks like it answered all the things people wanted, goes up to 192k, native audio 1.0 or 2.0 driver, rca and mini xlr out, all on the same item. Might be hard to beat.

http://highresolutiontechnologies.com/musi...reamer-hd#prodd

Thanks...I was looking at the new iFi Audio iDAC ($299) (and am trying it out now), but think I'll save some money and either get an ODAC or the new HiFimeDIY desktop Sabre Dac ($59).  However, I think I'll keep the iCAN headphone amp that I am trying, especially since the amp that I had (hadn't used in a few years) is dead.