Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio CD Writer (foo_burninate) write offset correction and write spee (Read 5548 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio CD Writer (foo_burninate) write offset correction and write spee

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of foobar2000 (v1.1.6) with the component foo_burninate (v3.0.3) to burn CDs from my ripped FLAC files (with AccurateRip). I would like to correct the write offset of my drive when burning. Is there a way to set this? Haven't found anything in the forum and under the settings in foobar2000. Also along the same line: is there a way to set the speed for writing the files to CD?

Audio CD Writer (foo_burninate) write offset correction and write spee

Reply #1
I think I've found some [a href='index.php?showtopic=87324']indication[/a] that one can't adjust the write speed in foo_burninate. Can someone who knows for sure confirm this? Is there a reason for this?

Also, does anyone know about the write offset correction for foo_burninate? My drive (HP - BDDVDRW CT21L) has a read offset of -102 (=> read offset correction = +102). I've detected the write offset with Exact Audio Copy (EAC) and got +30 (=> write offset correction = -30). First I thought: Hmm is this the zero point offset of AccurateRip? But there it says that "the correction values are 30 samples too high". This would mean that my read offset correction with respect to the "correct" reference is actually +72 and the resulting write offset correction would then be -60. So it goes in the wrong direction. Do I see this correctly?

Anyway, if I set the write offset in EAC to +30 it gives, of course, the correct read offset that AccurateRip detects as well. An if I re-rip a with foo_burninate burned CD I get a correct rip but with an offset of 30 (kinda like a different pressing). So everything is fine and makes sense - except that I can't set and correct the write offset in foo_burninate.

BTW: Am I the only one that is sometimes confused when reading about offsets in the forum? People don't always clearly specify if they're talking about the read/write offset or the read/write offset correction. On top of this in EAC and Foobar2000 for example one has to specify the read offset correction when ripping but for writing one has to specify the write offset in EAC.

On another note: Why are the write offset corrections not listed on the AccurateRip drive offsets site? Is it simply not supported wide enough so that it is worth to do?