Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI: How to enable sidebar? (Read 3230 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI: How to enable sidebar?

Hi!

I installed the latest version of foobar2000 and Columns UI. Unfortunately, I noticed that I have no sidebar and no chance to enable it. There are no option for enabling it in prefs. The player works OK but the only way to get something to the left side of the playlist is to choose the playlist sidebar, which doesn´t enable to attach any panels in it.

Is this some general problem? I searched trough the forums but I was not able to get any reason for this problem.

Actually, this seems not to be a columns_ui issue, either, because the sidebar cannot be enabled even when used the default UI.

Thanks in advance,
User JB

Reply #1
Playlist sidebar is a ColumnUI's feature. It can be added in the layout tab in ColumnUI settings in foobar Preferences. Right click to any parent node (node that can have children node like any splitter) you want to add the sidebar select Insert Panel -> Playlist Switcher.

You can add any panel to the interface the same way as above. But of course you have to install the appropriate component first.

Reply #2
Playlist sidebar is a ColumnUI's feature. It can be added in the layout tab in ColumnUI settings in foobar Preferences. Right click to any parent node (node that can have children node like any splitter) you want to add the sidebar select Insert Panel -> Playlist Switcher.

You can add any panel to the interface the same way as above. But of course you have to install the appropriate component first.

Thanks a lot, guy. The wiki for newbies has remained unupdated causing me to search for a way to configure the soft for my preferences from a wrong place. But now the software seems to be good for me. One question still, does foobar support mp3 streams? And does it support stream capturing to a mp3 file?

Thanks,
User JB

Reply #3
Foobar is not a stream ripper.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #4
As snake said, unfortunately no. Try something as Streamripper.