Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: FLAC for Mac (Read 3095 times) previous topic - next topic

FLAC for Mac

I'm rather new at this so patience is appreciated.  I have a large CD collection that I would like to transfer to an external 500GB hard drive, and be able to listen to music in a 'jukebox' type of form through my home audio system.  I have a Mac and would like to find a software program that will allow me to transfer the CD's to the hard drive using the best audio comperssion (highest audio quality available - FLAC ?), and securing the CD linear notes and information from CDDB.  Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

FLAC for Mac

Reply #1
The easiest, and perhaps best, solution is to rip your CD's to Apple Lossless in iTunes.
Imo, its the lossless audio format with best software support in Mac OS X.

FLAC for Mac

Reply #2
I have a large CD collection that I would like to transfer to an external 500GB hard drive, and be able to listen to music in a 'jukebox' type of form through my home audio system.  I have a Mac and would like to find a software program that will allow me to transfer the CD's to the hard drive using the best audio comperssion (highest audio quality available - FLAC ?), and securing the CD linear [sic] notes and information from CDDB.  Any help or input will be greatly appreciated.

Visit http://sbooth.org/Max/
Max will rip your CDs to FLAC using cdparanoia so you know you will get the best possible quality.
The software is easy to use and the developer is very responsive.

,dave
Dave Barnes
+1.303.744.9024