IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
When converting from NSF, can I set number of loops? (instead of time), [was “Converting NSF to MP3 - length question”/TOS #6]
meegosh
post Jul 27 2013, 04:35
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 109310

hey, when using Foobar2000 to convert an NSF file to MP3 is it possible to set the file length to a certain number of rotations of the NSF file rather than a specific amount of minutes and seconds?

for example, if i have a number of NSF files of varying lengths that i'm converting, rather than setting specific amounts of minutes and seconds and converting each file one at a time, can i set Foobar to convert them all with each output file's length being two rotations of the NSF file?

i searched for an answer but didn't find anything. apologies in advance if this has already been discussed.

thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
db1989
post Jul 27 2013, 12:44
Post #2

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

What you call a rotation most other people would call a loop.

The answer is not for foobar2000 but instead for whichever component you are using to play these files; foobar2000 and its Converter just play/convert whatever they are given by the relevant decoding plugin. So, if it offers options, look there, probably under Preferences: Playback or nearby.
+Quote Post
kode54
post Jul 27 2013, 17:45
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4082

Emulated formats such as NSF do not report their loops to the player. They must be timed manually. Optionally, you may enable NSFE conversion in the Preferences page and edit the lengths of each individual track entry.
+Quote Post
db1989
post Jul 28 2013, 10:48
Post #4

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 32180

My bad; I know looping works with VGM but guess it must be done by manually closing the stream after n loops rather than by telling the core the total duration in advance.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:59