Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

What VTF Would You Use for Hi-Fi Play?

[ 0 ] (0%)
[ 2 ] (25%)
[ 1 ] (12.5%)
[ 0 ] (0%)
[ 0 ] (0%)
[ 0 ] (0%)
[ 1 ] (12.5%)
[ 1 ] (12.5%)
[ 3 ] (37.5%)
Other
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Topic: Tracking Force Suggestions for Stanton 500.v3 Cartridge? (Read 53540 times) previous topic - next topic

Tracking Force Suggestions for Stanton 500.v3 Cartridge?

Reply #25
When I worked in stereo stores, I recommended using the highest value specified by the manufacturer. Mis-tracking happens when the stylus loses contact with the groove wall. When it crashes back it tears the surface. Mis-tracking is minimized by
keeping the tracking force on the high side but don't exceed the manufacturers rating.

Is vinyl making a comeback because of the dismal job of recording CDs?

Gotta tell you though, I'll only copy in an LP if there is no CD available.

Tracking Force Suggestions for Stanton 500.v3 Cartridge?

Reply #26
sorry Im very new to this forum and I can't seem to figure out how to post a question. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. I am also trying to figure out tracking force. I have the same cartridge and stylus.