Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ALT+3 for Show File Info (Read 8920 times) previous topic - next topic

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Hiya,

Please all the ablilty for a keyboard command to be able to be assigned to "Show File Info" in 'Keyboard Shortcuts'.
I've been spoiled rotten by Winamp's Alt+3 & still find myself doing that in fb2k when editing tags. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

kaiwei

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #2
The latest beta does it:

http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org/0.5_beta4.zip

It's got a load of other cool features, too.

Where did this come from? Is the main foobar page and changelog, which shows .43 as latest, not being maintained anymore?

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #3
It isn't offical yet. But it rules!

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #4
Where did this come from? Is the main foobar page and changelog, which shows .43 as latest, not being maintained anymore?

Latest development can be followed on foobar's official IRC channel. The web page will be updated when there is official release.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #5
It sure seems to be quite a bigger download than previos releases (although i haven't actually seen the contents yet)

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #6
It sure seems to be quite a bigger download than previos releases (although i haven't actually seen the contents yet)

It contains both Win2k/XP and Win9X versions. And it has a load of new features.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #7
One small bug is stil present - Insert, Home, End, Page Up and Page Down get bound as Num (0,1,3,7,something) - but neither the Num X key works or the key pressed on binding. It worked some time ago.
Also, Title formatting window is fixed - nice!  Rules!

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #9
Insert becoming Num 0 is still present.
It would be also nice to have NT version separated from 9x one (two zips until it's offical) so it would make half of the size to download.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #10
Is 1 MB so much to download? Even though I bet over 80% of you have fast DSLs or cables... I've got a 56k modem and I don't see myself complaining about the size of the download.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #11
Is 1 MB so much to download? Even though I bet over 80% of you have fast DSLs or cables... I've got a 56k modem and I don't see myself complaining about the size of the download.

well i am still using a 28.8k modem and have a rather small monthly download limit, so yes it does turn into quite a large amount when you download every version that comes out (especially when you know you only want half of the download)

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #12
well i am still using a 28.8k modem and have a rather small monthly download limit, so yes it does turn into quite a large amount when you download every version that comes out (especially when you know you only want half of the download)

Well that's not a rather nice thing for you  I think you should perhaps buy at least a 56k?

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #13
If 1.0MB is too much, wait for the final version with separated components plus WinNT and Win9x builds.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #14
Well that's not a rather nice thing for you  I think you should perhaps buy at least a 56k?

I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining, it's just that more often than not people tend to forget others that can't afford the faster connections. (one more poor student goes and sobs in the corner  )

and Case you are quite correct, i should wait for official versions to be released

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #15
Well, I am not complaining, but I think since I don't use 9x it would be great to download NT version only. It would save bandwidth of HydrogenAudio (I think) and make downloading easier to us.
Installer should include both versions - because it is full version. That's just my opinion.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #16
And using WinRAR with optimal settings also halves the download size to <499kB, but it don't bother me... 

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #17
Saving bandwidth is really not an issue.  We aren't even close to hitting our limit...

The only thing a smaller distribution would do then is make it easier for people to download it.. but since this is a beta, it isn't meant for widespread public consumption anyway.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #19
1. $num(%_playlist_number%,3). - this is the string - try setting number to 22 or any higher number and foobar will crash (but 21 or 20 for example works fine). Whole string:
Code: [Select]
0080FF$num(%_playlist_number%,3).FF8000 [%artist%808080 - ]$if(%title%,['['0080FF%album%[ #[%disc%/]$num(%tracknumber%,2)]'808080] ']FF8000%title%,%_filename%)

2. If .cfg file, foobar loads and starts to use extreme amounts of memory (around 150MB).
3. Lame Insert key bug.
That's all I noticed so far. Works great and very fast. Good work!

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #20
Just downloaded .5b9 and it pegs the CPU on my 2AMD1900 machine. Overloads and just stutters along. Can't run it.

Have also noticed with .5 series that it is very unresponsive to keyboard volume change. I have to bracket repeatedly until I find the right volume. I do have volume control loaded in DSP, haven't tried without it there.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #21
I've been using 0.5b9 since last night without any troubles. With the volume dsp my AMD2000 works a bit harder than normal at 2-5% with some jumps to 8%. I removed the dsp and it plays at mostly 0% with jumps to 2%.

I'm not sure at all what that volume dsp does -- then again, I haven't followed the threads in irc. 
That's so plausible, I can't believe it.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #22
It could be due to your DSP order. Also remember things like background replaygain scanning of the playing file affects cpu usage. I'm still able to stay at 0% with fast mode resampling.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #23
What is a good order for DSP? Mine is:

Preamp
Resampler
Soft clipping limiter
Volume control

5b9 eats CPU even with resampler off and replaygain disabled

Also, it seems to be ripping through the files (it will zip through a 3 minute song in about 3 seconds)

All the same settings as 5b5 but 5b9 is seriously wrong on my machine.

ALT+3 for Show File Info

Reply #24
What's your Windows version ??

Have you tried to delete your old cfg file and reconfigure it ???

On my PC (Athlon XP1800 + WinXP), I got no pb with foobar2000 0.5b9 (and now with b10)
(I tried with your selected DSPs and I got 0% CPU whatever the order I choose...)
A Dwarf has its own way to fight !