Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_navigator (Read 79522 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_navigator

Reply #26
@Andreasvb: That's very strange. I can't imagine what may be causing this behaviour. Are the forward button and the panel working fine? Are you using the latest versions of foobar2k and ColumnsUI.
Does anybody else experience this bug?

Everything should be the newest, if you need every component just tell me, here's the ones you req:
Core.dll v0.9.4.1 - foobar2000 core
foo_navigator.dll v0.6 [04 November 2006] - Navigator
foo_ui_columns.dll v0.1.3 beta 1v6 TEST [08 September 2006] - Columns UI

The forward looks just like back.
Panel looks good. Maybe use that code for buttons too.

One more thing, the playlist(panel works) adds beyond the limit, I've set it at 100. The playlist is right now at 180 entries.

Thanks for a great component.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_navigator

Reply #27
I've uploaded a test version here. If it still doesn't work, would you please post your console output after pressing the back dropdown.

One more thing, the playlist(panel works) adds beyond the limit, I've set it at 100. The playlist is right now at 180 entries.

This is intended, the limit only applies to the internal history and the panel, while the playlist rather acts as a log, where items are just added as they are played.

foo_navigator

Reply #28
@q-stankovic: Unfortunately I don't know how foo_utils works; as far as I can see, there's no function in the SDK to play a track that's not inside a playlist. If anyone knows better, I may have a try.

If foosions plugin foo_utils is installed there is a play command that is accessable by context menu -> Play: This command plays a track that is not inside a playlist.  I think to associate this command with a doubleclick in the panel or a simple click in the drop down button could be the most simple solution

foo_navigator

Reply #29
If it still doesn't work, would you please post your console output after pressing the back dropdown.

Here's my log after pressing back dropdown:
Code: [Select]
4. Sy & Unknown feat. Lou Lou - Dancing In The Shadows (1)
4. Sy & Unknown feat. Lou Lou - Dancing In The Shadows (2)
3. Insight feat. Amie Jayne - We Feel So High (Sy & Unknown Remix) (1)
3. Insight feat. Amie Jayne - We Feel So High (Sy & Unknown Remix) (2)
2. Nysse & Hinton feat. Pascale - Silver Water (Sy & Unknown Remix) (1)
2. Nysse & Hinton feat. Pascale - Silver Water (Sy & Unknown Remix) (2)
1. Cube Hard - Music Of The Primes (Gammer Edit) (1)
1. Cube Hard - Music Of The Primes (Gammer Edit) (2)

This is intended, the limit only applies to the internal history and the panel, while the playlist rather acts as a log, where items are just added as they are played.
Ok, got it. Thanks.

foo_navigator

Reply #30
It seems like everything is working correctly, since the component is passing the right strings to ColumnsUI. I can't imagine what could go wrong after that, since it's doing fine on other machines.
All that I can advise now is to try with a clean install of fb2k.

foo_navigator

Reply #31
Tried with only these files, same thing

foo_input_std.dll
foo_navigator.dll
foo_ui_columns.dll
foobar2000.exe
libpng13.dll
shared.dll
zlib1.dll

CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3400+ [x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10] [DEP enabled]
Operating System: Windows Vista ™ Ultimate [version: 6.0.5840 ]
Installed RAM: 1022 MBytes
Free disk space on foobar2000 partition: 20518 MBytes
foobar2000 path: D:\Program Files\foobar2000\
Core version: foobar2000 v0.9.4.1

foo_navigator

Reply #32
I think I found the problem. If a track has "&" and/not "( )" or if a track after has "( )", then it adds like that.

foo_navigator

Reply #33
@Andreasvb: OK, now I can reproduce this behaviour; it seems to be a bug in ColumnsUI, I already posted a report. As a workaround you could replace all & with something else by using the Title formatting setting.

@q-stankovic: I don't know how contextmenu items can be called from other components. If anybody else is aware of a way, please let me know.

foo_navigator

Reply #34
Thanks, working great now =)

Here's my format, if someone wants.
$num(%_history_number%,$len(%_history_number%)). $replace(%artist% - %title%,&,and))

foo_navigator

Reply #35
i read in a foo_hopper thread that this is like jump to file in winamp, just scanned the thread couldnt see anything?

is it just a history?

foo_navigator

Reply #36
Can we have a %_history_datetime% associated to the logged items?

We mostly listen to randomized playlists and the jukebox runs from dawn to late night.
Some times, in the evening, the wife asks me to see what was that cute little song she heard last night at 1.30 while ironing.
In such a long time, I could have more than on instance of the same item but they both will have the same last played value.

Thanks.

foo_navigator

Reply #37
Unfortunately I don't know how foo_utils works; as far as I can see, there's no function in the SDK to play a track that's not inside a playlist. If anyone knows better, I may have a try.
Regarding the timestamp: Maybe this will be implemented in a future release, for the time being you may use foo_playcount as a replacement.

A simpler idea: Tracks without a playlist can be added to a specified playlist (f.e. Default) and then be played.

A small issue: $tab() is not working if you try to create more than 2 pseudo columns

foo_navigator

Reply #38
I would like to be able to middle-click a song in the History panel and have it added to the playback queue. I can do this in a normal playlist. Does anyone know a way this is possible? If not I will make do with right-clicking

foo_navigator

Reply #39
Hi,
I finally created a new version, adding several date/time related variables. Multiple columns using $tab() should also be possible.

Info & Download

foo_navigator

Reply #40
Thanks!!! 

I am going to test that. Did you solved the problem that playlistless tracks are not going to be played? My suggestion a few posts ago was just to add these tracks to a defined playlist (f.e. Default)

foo_navigator

Reply #41
I have experienced a bad bug: parts of history are deleted sometimes when an entry in the panel is started - but still not can reproduce that. Will try to reproduce that!

foo_navigator

Reply #42
Yeah, I experienced that too, but was busy so I can't submit the bug now I forget how to reproduce. When I can reproduce I'll report the exact steps needed.

foo_navigator

Reply #43
You can reproduce the bug that way: Doubleclick an item inside the history panel and then doubleclick during playback of that song an track inside a playlist - parts of history are eaten!

foo_navigator

Reply #44
This may sound stupid but i think it might be good that you couldn't play files from the panel or History playlist. It could be an option to toggle on/off.

foo_navigator

Reply #45
This may sound stupid but i think it might be good that you couldn't play files from the panel or History playlist. It could be an option to toggle on/off.

why?

foo_navigator

Reply #46

why?

I often mess up with playlist and end up playing songs from History. After playing the file it's added to Hisotory playlist again and the whole thing gets quite messy. This option could also prevent user to delete parts of history as q-stankovic explained.

foo_navigator

Reply #47
This option could also prevent user to delete parts of history as q-stankovic explained.

That is a very bad bug that makes this wonderful plugin totally unuseful - a new option is not a solution. Hopefully yanni will soon make a new version

foo_navigator

Reply #48
Just as in most history implementations (like e.g. in browsers), whenever an item in the middle of the history is being played (displayed) and a new item is added, all newer items are first removed. (This was also the default behaviour of the old history plugin for v0.8.3). Therefore it's not a bug but a feature.
For the ones who dislike this behaviour, I have added an option ("Always append new tracks") to disable it.

Unfortunately I currently don't have the time to implement any other suggestions.

foo_navigator

Reply #49
Yanni, many thanks for that option!! 

(Hopefully someday you will find time to let play playlistless tracks  )