Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature Request. (Read 1839 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature Request.

I would really apreciate it if there was a function in the metadata editor that would take a variable and splitted it in an array based on a definable separator.

Something like..

%_filename%= Elton John - Here and There... Here - 11 - Your Song

$Split(%_filename%,' - ')

would generate something like:

%_filename(01)%= Elton John
%_filename(02)%= Here and There... Here
%_filename(03)%= 11
%_filename(04)%= Your Song

And also if you could asign temporary values to the replaygain tag if there is none.. Something like

$if(%__replaygain%,,$SET(__%replaygain%=6.12 db)

and that it wouldn't change the tag or store it, so as soon as the file is replaygain the value is overwritten.

If you think this is stoopid, just tell me...

Peace
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Feature Request.

Reply #1
$if(%__replaygain%,,$SET(__%replaygain%=6.12 db)

You can sort of do that using the $get and $puts functions like so:
Code: [Select]
$if(%__replaygain%,$puts(REPLAYGAIN,%__replaygain%),$puts(REPLAYGAIN,6.12db))

and then using $get(REPLAYGAIN) wherever you would usually use %__replaygain%.

But i suppose you probably mean to actually set a value that would be used for replaygain. In which case this doesn't really help. I personally don't use replaygain, but  the ability to set a value other than unity gain as the default for files without the appropriate tag does make sense as a good option.

Seperating the filename into fields based on seperators has been done (Bushwack posted a format string that did that, it's on page 3 of the format string thread.), however it's extremely complicated. So if you want this for display purposes only, then a similar method could be used. However, if you want it do assist in tagging files, then this method obviously wouldn't help.

However, if you use the masstagger, there is already a "guess tag from filename" function, so for tagging you could use that.