Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Where to buy good quality speakers online? (Read 3397 times) previous topic - next topic

Where to buy good quality speakers online?

Hi! I'm looking to buy good quality speakers for a DIY project online. I'm (almost) based in Europe (Romania  so it would be better if you guys know a good online store that delivers in this area... uk, de, fr or something like that.

Thanks in advance.

Reply #2
Do you mean RAW drivers?

Although based in NYC, USA, this is a good source:  http://www.zalytron.com

Many of the manufactures listed on that site are in europe; you may be able to buy factory direct OR find a dealer in Romania.

Also based in USA, http://www.partsexpress.com has many lower-end drivers.

Reply #4
lucpes,

I don't know how the import taxes and value added tax are in Romania, but I recommend that you first check where it is least expensive to buy stuff from.

Usually just the freight makes it almost uselesss to buy anything from USA, unless it's something really special for which there is no European counterpart. This applies to EU at least.

For good quality speakers, I'd recommend considering active loudspeakers if you are considering them for testing / monitoring purposes.

Good brands to consider are:

Klein + Hummel (DE)
Genelec (FIN)
ADAM (DE)

Of course there are other brands, but those I know well enough to recommend them.

www.thomann.de sells decently priced studio gear (like Genelec, but not K+H) in Germany.

Currently pound sterling is way too strong, I suggest you order nothing from UK, unless you are loaded with cash.

I don't know about French retailers, but I'm sure there must be some if you ask around in french forums.

Reply #5
yup...

there is many places to buy from...

i would go for these brands: SEAS, SCANSPEAK/VIFA and THIEL..

have realy good experience with them all..

since am norwegian.. i spesificly want to pic out SEAS..
a bunch of high-end, speaker manufacturer`s use them.

Reply #6
Cambridge SoundWorks -  http://www.hifi.com/

The company is based here in the U.S.A. however I think the freight charge is well worth it, hence you should get the best speakers you can afford after all most people are typically buying speakers to last for many years with multiple stereo/theatre system replacements, and/or are looking for the best value/quality for life.

The speaker systems they sell in my opinion rival other speakers that cost thousands more (then again they do sell Henry Kloss designed speakers), for instance my speaker system that I spent approximately $2,500 which is now 8 years old impresses the hell out of a "rich-boy" friend who spent over $15,000 for his.