Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: My cue's are screwed up (Read 4441 times) previous topic - next topic

My cue's are screwed up

I have .cue's for all of the CDs I've ripped losslessly for whenever I need to burn a copy, and last night I tried for the first time.  For example, let's say the directory of the album I wanted to burn is this: F:\Music\eno, brian\ambient 4  on land.  The .cue file is in that directory but I received an error message when I selected it in Nero that said it couldn't find the tracks in F:\Music\eno, brian\ambient 4  on land\Music\eno, brian\ambient 4  on land.  Of course, that directory doesn't exist.  Why did it essentially double the path name to the files?  Is there any quick fix?

Thanks for any help.

My cue's are screwed up

Reply #1
I can only assume that the FILE reference in the cuesheet is something like:

Code: [Select]
FILE "Music\eno, brian\ambient 4  on land\<filename>.<ext>" WAVE

Either that, or Nero's cuesheet parsing is a bit screwed.

Open the cuesheet in Notepad and check.

If I'm right about the FILE reference, and they are all of a similar format, I can only think that you  will need to find a nice Find'n'Replace utility that will let you use regular expressions.

On the whole, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense - especially if you have not manually edited them at all.

If you're still confused paste the cuesheet here, along with full filepaths, etc.

If it is Nero, or even if not, you may want to try using Burrrn to burn the images to CD.
I'm on a horse.

My cue's are screwed up

Reply #2

If I'm right about the FILE reference, and they are all of a similar format, I can only think that you  will need to find a nice Find'n'Replace utility that will let you use regular expressions.

I don't think a utility is needed, just use Notepad to find "Music\eno, brian\ambient 4  on land\" and leave the "replace with" field empty. 

(...or, a more simple test: try moving the cuesheet up one directory level ?)

My cue's are screwed up

Reply #3

On the whole, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense - especially if you have not manually edited them at all.

If you're still confused paste the cuesheet here, along with full filepaths, etc.

If it is Nero, or even if not, you may want to try using Burrrn to burn the images to CD.

Are there any utilities that'll find and replace batches of files?  That would be a great program for me, if there are, since I've been thinking of getting a new folder system going.  I'll be able to check the actual .cue files in Notepad when I get back from class

I'll also try with Burrrn and see

(...or, a more simple test: try moving the cuesheet up one directory level ?)

I was thinking along the same lines, as well, because the .cue files were originally placed in the 'Music' directory before I moved them to their respective album folder.

Which leads me to another question, is there a way I can instruct EAC to write the .cue files and place them (maybe the logs, too) in the proper folders where it places the song files instead of in my general 'Music' directory?

My cue's are screwed up

Reply #4
I don't think a utility is needed, just use Notepad to find "Music\eno, brian\ambient 4  on land\" and leave the "replace with" field empty.
I just meant if he had this issue with numerous cuesheets.

There are many tools that will do a find and replace given a folder and file mask, but I'm not so sure about using regular expressions to do the finding...

I'd still like to see the cuesheet.

Which leads me to another question, is there a way I can instruct EAC to write the .cue files and place them (maybe the logs, too) in the proper folders where it places the song files instead of in my general 'Music' directory?
You could try using something like REACT (which I use) or MAREO with EAC.  Search the board if you have never heard of them.
I'm on a horse.

My cue's are screwed up

Reply #5
Don't know if it will be useful or not for your purposes: This replaces texts in files, does not move files.

http://www.emurasoft.com/replall/

My cue's are screwed up

Reply #6
I think the app would need to use regular expressions (which that one doesn't), as the text to replace will be different per file.

Thinking about it, I guess SED is always an option... it's free.

Here's an example of a GUI (not free) app: http://www.silveragesoftware.com/
I'm on a horse.