Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What are you listening to right now ? ... (Read 394115 times) previous topic - next topic

What are you listening to right now ? ...

Reply #100
Listening to: 'Ti Zoiseau' from 'Petit Oiseau d'Haiti' by 'Les Fantaisistes de Carrefour' on Media Jukebox

Reply #101
Listening to Vivaldi - Concerto for Oboe and String Orchestra in A Minor (Allegro)

Seeya
AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #102
Sammi Cheng - Never Enough.mp3
shinjis

Reply #103
Pink Floyd - On The Turning Away (Live).mpc

Reply #104
Judy And Mary - Jesus Jesus.mp3 
shinjis

Reply #105
Update: Pink Floyd - Round And Around (Live).mpc (I promise, that was pure coincidence)
now: Phil Collins - Take Me Home.mpc

Yeah, let's keep this thread going forever (if Dibrom doesn't mind it filling up the database ), this is fun IMHO.

BTW, Roberto: I saw *many* Pink Floyd albums on Amazon.de released on August 30th, in other words, three days ago!

A Momentary Lapse Of Reason, A Saucerful Of Secrets, Animals, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, Relics, The Division Bell, The Final Cut, The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.

The others are either offered as the 1994 remasters or the original CD releases.

Have they seriously released a brand new set of remasters? If so, does anybody know who they were remastered by?

CU

Dominic

now: Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms.ogg (freshly ripped, I'm a Vorbis -q 6 user as of yesterday )

Reply #106
/me is listening to Vintersorg - A metaphysical Drama from the album Visions from the Spiral Generator

Reply #107
Grateful Dead - Row Jimmy (Killer LIVE Version).mp3

shinjis

Reply #108
Shawn Lane, that is...

Yep, typo

BTW, I saw the reference to Bernd Steidl...where did you get that record? I've been tryin' for ages to get it from the Mike Varney label...bit it seems to be out of print...

Actually I got it from one of my friends.  He collects quite a bit of out of print stuff from some of these guys, especially stuff off that label.  I know at least some of the stuff he's found in stores down in the CA bay area, like ameoba's, rasputins, etc.  I think he got one of Stiedl's albums there, and the other he ordered online somewhere.  I can ask him where if you like.

O yeah, and Frank Gambale, Greg How, Stephen Ross, Rusty Cooley and gool ol Allan Holdsworth...

Reply #109
Ever heard any Shawn Lane, Ron Thal, or Buckethead?

Nope. I guess i'll have to check them out when I get the chance. Despite the difficulty and complexity behind it at times tapping is fun though. 
budding I.T professional

Reply #110
Mogway - Young Team
Spiritualized - Let It Come Down
Mercury Rev - Deserter's Songs
Rommel

Reply #111
..., rasputins, ...

Nice hint!

"ra-ra-Rasputin, lover of the russian queen..."

(Yeah, I'm listening to Boney M right now)

Reply #112
BTW, Roberto: I saw *many* Pink Floyd albums on Amazon.de released on August 30th, in other words, three days ago!

A Momentary Lapse Of Reason, A Saucerful Of Secrets, Animals, Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, Relics, The Division Bell, The Final Cut, The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn.

The others are either offered as the 1994 remasters or the original CD releases.

Have they seriously released a brand new set of remasters? If so, does anybody know who they were remastered by?

Damn! Seems great.

Unfortunately, I found nothing at Amazon.com

And no news/info in the Floyd sites I know of:

www.pinkfloyd.co.uk (Official)
www.pinkfloydfan.net
http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/ptr/pfloyd/
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Studio/6741

Waiting for more info...

Reply #113
Johannes Brahms, String Quartet No. 1 in c minor op. 51/1
by The Alban Berg Quartet
Musepack'd
I can stay for hours listening to all the sounds... (Samuel Beckett, Rough for Theatre I)

Reply #114
Hollenthon - Vestige Non Omnis Moriar.mp3 

Reply #115
Ever heard any Shawn Lane, Ron Thal, or Buckethead?

Nope. I guess i'll have to check them out when I get the chance. Despite the difficulty and complexity behind it at times tapping is fun though. 

Yeah.  You might like Buckethead for that.. he does some really crazy 8-finger tapping.

Reply #116
Down to the bone - Electra Glide
Exodus Quartet - Fly

Marc

Reply #117
"Monty Python Sings", MPC   

Reply #118
Silver Apples - Program.mp3 (very odd, unique sounding, late 1960's electronic stuff)

Reply #119
Yeah. You might like Buckethead for that.. he does some really crazy 8-finger tapping.

budding I.T professional

Reply #120
Buckethead is with Guns N' Roses at the moment, and thats what I'm listening to now:

The Blues(Live) From Rock in Rio 2001
Madagascar(Live) at MTV's Video Music Awards 2002

He's definitely one of the better guitar players I've ever heard.
Forgive that they teared down my soul. Bless them that they might grow old. A dream that's forgotten may know, that it's never too late.

Reply #121
I think he got one of Stiedl's albums there, and the other he ordered online somewhere.  I can ask him where if you like.

Please do so, that would be great... My collection needs serious updating...

Reply #122
John Williams - Jurassic Park Theme - MP3

Reply #123
Sanseverino, Les Embouteillages from Le Tango Des Gens...

Reply #124
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast (Remastered) - 09 - Hallowed Be Thy Name.ape