Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: BASSMIDI MIDI synthesiser for Windows XP/Vista/7 (Read 315421 times) previous topic - next topic

BASSMIDI MIDI synthesiser for Windows XP/Vista/7

Reply #125
Hi DB1989,
My sincere apologies!
I didn't see you murged it. I will be much more careful next time. I posted that last message in a hurry this morning.
Mudlord, I don't know exactly what you mean by Run regsvr /u bassmididrv.dll on the driver dll. Since I'm visually impaired I can't see the image you posted. what steps should I take to get to it?
The rest looks pretty easy.

Reply #126
It’s no problem! It was a lot of writing to do again; I bet you now wish that you’d spared your fingers all that extra work.

Whilst I can’t presume to speak for mudlord, I’ll try to help.

First, you can run the suggested command by clicking the Start button and selecting Run (or use the shortcut: hold the Windows key and press R) and then typing “regsvr /u bassmididrv.dll” and clicking OK/pressing Enter.

Next, his image: It’s a screenshot of Registry Editor, viewing this registry entry:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
Do another Run command, but this time with the text “regedit”. Next, use the newly opened program to navigate to said registry key, and follow mudlord’s instruction of deleting any values therein that mention bassmididrv.dll. Next, use a Windows file search to find any instances of said DLL, and delete them. Finally, restart.

Reply #127
Hi,
Those instructions were exactly what I needed. However several more problems presented themselves.
First, I am using XP SP3 here. I will have to upgrade soon. Anyway, that may be helpful when I explain the following things.
when I went to the run dialog and typed that command, Windows said it couldn't find regsvr. So, I downloaded a program called regsvr32 from the microsoft support center. I ran that command through it, and it said that unregistration of bassmididrv.dll succeeded.
The only bassmididrv.dll file I have is in the system32 folder. That's probably expected. I cannot delete it because when I
do, it brings up the typical file is already in use message. I'm guessing then that the registry thing didn't work out. But, I haven't restarted yet, I just ran regsvr then tried to delete the file. Maybe a restart is in order? I got the impression that I should delete the file first before the restart though.
There are a few references to bassmididrv.dll in my registry as well. Most of them are in folders I never heard of, nothing like the directory in your post. If anyone wants a list I can try to make one, but I haven't even counted them yet. Then again a registry was meant to have folders nobody knows about.  I'm thinking it would be safe to delete those references but I haven't touched them yet.
I'm not in familiar territory here. Any further advice?

Reply #128
Maybe delete the registry keys in the Drivers32 repository ONLY and unregister the DLL, then restart? Then delete the dll?

Reply #129
The exact command is regsvr32. And you may need to supply the full path to bassmididrv.dll, which is in C:\windows\system32. And since you are using a 32-bit operating system, the registry path does not include the Wow6432Node part.

Reply #130
Hi all,
Mudlord, the suggestion was very helpful. I counted three Bassmidi references to get rid of. Then I restarted and the DLL went without a problem. I deleted the whole bassmididrv folder while I was at it.
Code54, I figured those little differences out with a tiny bit of research, and by accident. Thanks for clearing that up, as I wasn't so sure.
So Bassmidi 1.06 is working flawlessly on here now, and it is only showing up once. Things are good.
Even though I am still using an older version,I am very much looking forward to see what comes  next. Hopefully this issue won't be one of those things. AT least I know what to do if I forget to uninstall the old version.

Reply #131
I thought we already added functionality to detect versions already installed to the installer, so if you run a newer installer, it will uninstall the old.
EDIT: yes, current SVN does so o.o

Reply #132
I am very much looking forward to see what comes  next.

mainly spent time trying to fix some last standing latency/stuttering issues in the winmm code base.

Reply #133
I would like to know of any games that have issues with the current driver.

Reply #134
there, 3.0 out. major changes on the winmm driver.

Reply #137
weird, I tried winamp the other day and it worked.
what OS?

Reply #139
If you want a absolutely great experience listening to old Game Midis, search for the 055.1mg sound canvas v1.0 bank.sf2 soundfont. Its absolutely worth it, I never experienced Midis so close to the hardware-level with BASSMIDI and that soundfont. Link is http://www.sf2midi.com/soundfonts/file-det...nk-sf2-200.html

Reply #140
There must be a reason for this problem. All Versions before wokrs fine. After 2.02 it began...

Reply #141
Try downloading again, it has a fix for BASS init.

Reply #142
It works mudlord !! XD     

No crashes in FF7 or Winamp and your latest driver fixed also the missing Midi track bugs on FF7 ( 2nd drumkit channel )

Good Job !!  Now I can testing your latest driver with no interruption

Great THX !!

Reply #143
hooray >_>

Reply #144
One bug I noticed. It was fixed with v2.0 and occurs again in v3.0

-fixed a GS rhythm channel allocation bug.

On Winamp testet:
(XM Play works right with this MIDIS)
with GS MIDIs with 2 drumkit channels

Bank MSB 127

for example:

Device 095 / 127 (sweep pad) v2.0
Device 095 / 127 (drumkit) v3.0

Reply #145
will refer to kode54 to fix up that.

Reply #146
That was fixed in what was originally the newer DirectMusic based driver, but never applied towards the original driver. An update has been pushed, I'll wait on mudlord to take care of uploading a new installer.

Reply #147
and done..redownload from same link.

Reply #149
Sry for a next bug report i noticed 

I tested the game Final Fantasy VII where I noticed this bug. A sound problem during normal sound and BassMIDI driver during the game. After 3 trys starting the game one of them works a bit.

Here is a mp3 (packed in rar) file where you can hear this strange problem. Only noticed in this game. It works fine with the v2.01 BassMIDI driver with drumkit 2nd channel missing bug which is fixed in V3.0.

The mp3 file contains: game start> loading a save file > battle and ending > close the game.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-417289...er-3.0.rar.html

I hope you got any idea what it could be.