Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: BASSMIDI MIDI synthesiser for Windows XP/Vista/7 (Read 315428 times) previous topic - next topic

BASSMIDI MIDI synthesiser for Windows XP/Vista/7

Reply #25
Lets see.....
C:\Test\BASS.dll ... is packaged using New Packer.

No, McAfee, its packed with Ian's packer/protector, Petite. Not "New Packer"....
C:\Test\BASSMIDIDrv.exe ... is packaged using Nullsoft.

NSIS you mean, not nullsoft.....
C:\Test\BASSMIDIDrv.exe\6.nsis ... is packaged using New Packer.

rofl....

Reply #26
Hehe, well at least it realizes they are packed LOL!

Reply #27
Yep, thats the main thing.  I still need to fix up the final bugs though.

Reply #28
Finally managed to reproduce the issues people are having after a complete reformat....

Reply #29
@Mudlord,

Just a status-report, the new version (that I'm unofficially calling "v1.05" <grin>) that you released on April 14 works without any problems (WXP Pro SP3)

Reply #30
yay!

Reply #31
Hey Mudlord,

Is something up with your web site? Seems that *everything* has disappeared, including the download for the latest version of the BASSMIDI driver

P.S. I also mirrored this message over at the VGMusic message forums... didn't know if you log in to that one more frequently than this one.

Reply #33
Connection and download fine here.

Correction: That was to post link Homepage - not the other two links.

Reply #34
Hey Mudlord,

Is something up with your web site? Seems that *everything* has disappeared, including the download for the latest version of the BASSMIDI driver

P.S. I also mirrored this message over at the VGMusic message forums... didn't know if you log in to that one more frequently than this one.

Long story short, as I explained to #foobar2000 regulars:
Legal threats caught up with me in regards to tools that aid piracy in source form. I am in the process of rebuilding the site to have not such content, but because the DMCA and shit, it could apply to anything, so I don't know what I should reupload. Like the tools for kode54 and Peter I made for the MDK1 PC version's audio archives.

It seems your IP address is blocked for some reason: http://i54.tinypic.com/nmz0ok.png
you could mirror on HA upload forums I guess

What the hell? Who do I see to get that blacklist removed?

Reply #36
Hmmm I wonder why its on the list.....

tima's payback?

Reply #37
don't think that single user can make IP blacklisted, although I'm interested out of curiosity why is blacklisted as I don't see those red boxes without real reason
hope you resolve this quickly

Reply #38
Newly updated content is now:
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/report...d931-1303276373
http://mudlord.emuxhaven.net/crap/audio/bassmididrv.exe
http://mudlord.emuxhaven.net/crap/audio/bassmididrv.rar

Now the leechers can go back to raping our content. Well done ESET.
See what you morons had to do, to get full source access? Go make some phony virus reports!!!!
I hope you are fucking happy tima. We also did it under a WTFPL so you can even SELL our code, and we don't get a cent!

Reply #39
If someone submitted report (which includes attaching suspected file) it wasn't 'bassmididrv' as NOD never complained about. Should I guess that in past three days someone submitted shared infected file from your IP?

I excluded your IP from checking, but any ESET user will experience Access Denied block of course - pity complications for such a nice tool

Reply #40
Sent some reports to ESET.

Waiting on them.

Reply #41
The new one downloads just fine

It was weird though... with the old link ( http://mudlord.emuxhaven.net/stuff/audio/bassmididrv.exe ) I was getting the Internet Explorer "Smart" Screen Filter Thing "This site may be unsafe!" (I read on other message forums people that were seeing this too); but simply chalked it up to Mickey$oft in their "infinite wisdom".

Anyhow, glad to see it's back online... as well as 'backpack girl' on your main web page

Reply #42
Yay, I am just glad every major bug is now eliminated.
Just some cosmetic updates I want to do next, like disabling the synth selection for XP, icons, etc...
Not much I can do about the DOSBox issues though.

Reply #43
Just some cosmetic updates I want to do next, like disabling the synth selection for XP

I'd say just leave it. It's kind of handy to have it there: A simple click in one's start menu to start the config utility to change the Windows MIDI device, verses the Bill Gates way (i.e. click-click-click; "Start/Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Audio/etc..." <grin>)

Not much I can do about the DOSBox issues though.

Like I've posted previously, using it with DOSBox works great for me

BTW, for the actual driver itself, any chance of some sort of master reverb slider like I mentioned earlier over in the XMPlay forums?

Also, is there any real advantage to modifying the code for the driver itself to address the 'vanBasco's Karaoke Player' problem that the "One We Don't Speak Of" <LOL> talked about over in the XMPlay forums? I mean, that's the only thing so far that I've seen that has an issue with the driver... everything else that I've tried works GREAT

Reply #44
I use foo_midi, so I personally find that a non-issue.

Reply #45
I use foo_midi, so I personally find that a non-issue.

Thanks for the info... yeah, I didn't think it was that important either

BTW, someone ("Csonicgo") over at the DOOM World forums was having a real bad problem uninstalling (what I'm sure was) an older version of the BASSMIDI driver. He said he had trouble registering here (I'm assuming here at the Hydrogen Audio forums); so's I replied to him that I'd let you know about it -> http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php...3072#post963072 .

He posted a few screenies fof the problem, maybe you could help him out

Reply #46
Maybe we should go back to force restarting your system to uninstall drivers, for all Windows versions...
Heh. Maybe then that jerk would have sense.

Oh he wants to uninstall it! >_> And NO mention of the OS used for install!
Knowing the OS version would help.....a lot?

Reply #48
Oh...that certainly complicates things.
I posted in the thread more details.