Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: need to encode a 2.0 PCM WAV file into someother f (Read 4084 times) previous topic - next topic

need to encode a 2.0 PCM WAV file into someother f

hi team.... i need to encode a 2.0 PCM WAV file into someother format being in 2.0 format with DVD multiplexing compatibility and with very little to no loss in sound quality...... i have tried AC3 5.1 but it doesnt suit me i need 2.0

any help is sweet

s8n

Reply #1
You can use LPCM (which is practically the same as PCM - lossless), any muxing program should be able to take WAV file as audio source anyway.

Reply #2
is there a way to convert/rencode my 2.0 PCM WAV file to LPCM format ??

Reply #3
LPCM = PCM, you don't need to convert anything. As I said, any multiplexing program should be able to take WAV PCM as audio stream, so you already have it compatible. You eventually may want to resample it to DVD-compatible sampling-rate & bit-depth and strip WAV's RIFF header to get raw LPCM/PCM.

Reply #4
hi rutra80 .... after your info and input i managed to multiplex a M2V and LPCM WAV together ...... thanx very much man.....