Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: PLEASE HELP ME! audio file unknown (Read 5187 times) previous topic - next topic

PLEASE HELP ME! audio file unknown

Please help me.
I need to listen a file but it's in a unknown format.
I have a Littmann Sthetoscope 4000 ( http://cms.3m.com/cms/IT/it/2-116/iFrrrFU/view.jhtml ) and with this instrument I can record many cardiac and polmonary sound but I can't play this sound with my PC (IBM compatible) but only with my sthetoscope.
I need to listen this sound with my PC, help me please.

Please help me.
I need to listen a file but it's in a unknown format.
I have a Littmann Sthetoscope 4000 ( http://cms.3m.com/cms/IT/it/2-116/iFrrrFU/view.jhtml ) and with this instrument I can record many cardiac and polmonary sound but I can't play this sound with my PC (IBM compatible) but only with my sthetoscope.
I need to listen this sound with my PC, help me please.

An example of this file is in my site:
http://web.tiscali.it/rockmaninoff/medicina1.html
then go to "Scarica un esempio: reperto di III tono in giovane donna. Clicca qui "              (the file is in .e4k format)

Thanks, Fabrizio C.
[a href='mailto:panzila@tiscalinet.it'][/a]

Reply #1
It's probably some kind of proprietary format.

Try taking a look at the sthetoscope's documentation, to discover if it's some kind of known format. (Some kind of ADPCM, maybe?)

Most probably it can't be decoded on your computer. Unless the manufacturer offers a decoder. Have you tried looking at their website, or contacting support to solve this issue?

Try contacting support asking for some way of playback in your PC.

Ciao;

Roberto.

Reply #2
A quick search turned up alot of emulater pages. http://www.silkheart.se/emulator/

Check that one just to see if it runs. Some things that would help is what kind of stethescope brand model etc.
r3mix zealot.

Reply #3
Ho provato ma alla Littmann negano che possa essere riprodotto tale formato, ma per me questa cosa non sta nè in cielo nè in terra, visto che i file posso essere scambiati tra pc e littmann e tra littmann perchè non possono essere riproducibili tramite pc?
Scusa se ti scrivo in italiano, ma credo che tu condivida la mia stessa patria.
Grazie e se ti venisse in mente qualcosa, ti prego di farmelo sapere visto che devo farci la tesi di laurea in Medicina

Reply #4
I have tried but to the Littmann they deny that such format can be reproduced, but for me this thing is not neither in sky neither in earth, inasmuch as the rows I can be exchanges to you between PC and littmann and between littmann why they cannot be riproducibili through PC? Excuse if I write to you in Italian, but creed that you share my same native land. Thanks and if something came you in mind, I pray you to make me to know it inasmuch as I must makes the thesis us of bachelor in Medicine

Littman eh? So is that the kind of stethoscope? Can you understand english? I'd like to help you as you need it for you bachelor thesis.
r3mix zealot.

Reply #5
I understand english, thanks a lot for your help, I hope that you 'll find a program or an emulator that make possible to listen that kind of file in a PC.
Fabrizio
[a href='mailto:panzila@tiscalinet.it'][/a]

Reply #6
I found a program that plays the e4k format found on many midi keyboards and soundbank computers. There was no demo available and it does cost almost $30 usd. I'm not sure if you are willing to pay that without the guarantee of being able to play the sounds back. Give me a moment and I'll paste the link in here and it will be up to you whether you want to buy the software or not.
r3mix zealot.

Reply #8
Thanks very much for your interesting!!
Did you know if is available a demo version to download to try if it works?
Fabrizio

Reply #9
No demo on that site there might be one on a different site or another. Check out www.download.com Sadly I can't as I have homework to attend to.
r3mix zealot.

Reply #10
Completely ignoring the file extension, I had a look at the data, and it looked
suspiciously like 16bit raw data (to me), with a little header on the front.

As a test I tried playing it with a small program to output
it through /dev/dsp - (rawplay, http://rawrec.sourceforge.net/)

I'm no doctor, and if my heart sounded like this I'd be worried, but at mono,
at around 4k, 16bit little endian it sounds correct if you do the following:-

Strip the header off (it's length is the first byte in the file - in this case 0x2f)
then play with the following command line....

rawplay -c 1 -f s16_le -s 4000 B3tono.e4k

If you want a wav file for later use ,then you can do the following:-

sox -t raw -r 4000 -c 1 -w -s B3tono.raw B3tono.wav

(Again, you must have stripped the header first).

If anyone knows of a similar tool for windows, (like a raw2wav) then that may
be easier for you, anyone?.....

hope that helps,

olieb.

Reply #11
To open the files, use CoolEdit Pro  (http://www.syntrillium.com/cep/).  To open the files, open them as RAW format (you can change the file extension if you want, but be aware that Photoshop also uses a RAW file extension).  The audio file is encoded using a Intel PCM 16-bit algorithm with a +1 offset.  It also requires about a 30 db amplification on my speakers.  Hope this helps

Reply #12
Ho provato ma alla Littmann negano che possa essere riprodotto tale formato, ma per me questa cosa non sta nè in cielo nè in terra, visto che i file posso essere scambiati tra pc e littmann e tra littmann perchè non possono essere riproducibili tramite pc?
Scusa se ti scrivo in italiano, ma credo che tu condivida la mia stessa patria.
Grazie e se ti venisse in mente qualcosa, ti prego di farmelo sapere visto che devo farci la tesi di laurea in Medicina

Here only write in english (HA Rules) Another language is not allowed
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)