Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD to .WAV files (Read 2200 times) previous topic - next topic

CD to .WAV files

How can I take tracks from an audio CD and put them, as .WAV files, onto a hard drive to transport them?

Apologies if I should have tracked this down on a FAQ.

CD to .WAV files

Reply #1
How can I take tracks from an audio CD and put them, as .WAV files, onto a hard drive to transport them?

Apologies if I should have tracked this down on a FAQ.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330631"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You need any one of the many available programs that has "CD Ripping" capabilities. Do a search for "ripping" here on the forum to find out more. Most audio programs can rip audio data (songs) from a CD to a .WAV file.

Examples of some programs that can rip audio CDs to WAV files are Apple iTunes, WinAmp, Nero, Easy CD/DVD Creator, Yahoo! Music Engine, etc.

If you are looking for secure ripping (with error detection and/or correction) then try EAC or Plextools (for use with Plextor drives only).

Hope this helps.

CD to .WAV files

Reply #2
yep, look for the FAQ. if you are tooo newbie, install this specially pre-configured audiograbber tool, and rip with it (it rips to %program files%\audiograbber by default)

http://s1.ultrashare.net/hosting/fs/fee9da14577bd64f/

CD to .WAV files

Reply #3
I use Nero at home for copy-at-once discs and EAC/Lame for MP3s.

I was hoping to be able to drag and drop audio CDs onto an external hard drive without using any sort of program until later, but this may be a hope too far!!!