Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: extract dts from iso (Read 8992 times) previous topic - next topic

extract dts from iso

hi guys,
how can I extract - convert dts-5.1 files from iso?
I have an iso (Sony PS3 SACD to ISO | DST 1bit-2822,4kHz 2.0, 5.1 | 3.58GB ) ripped file, from which
I want to extract dts single files, ...but:
1. I can't mount it through daemon tools ---> error
2. I can't open it with powerIso ---> error
I can only open it with foobar2000, but even though I have installed dts decoder, it converts it in stereo (wav) files.
thanks

extract dts from iso

Reply #1
You confused DTS and DST. Sadly, I don't know how or if you can extract the audio and convert it to a usable format for PC-based playback.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

extract dts from iso

Reply #2
hi guys,
how can I extract - convert dts-5.1 files from iso?
I have an iso (Sony PS3 SACD to ISO | DST 1bit-2822,4kHz 2.0, 5.1 | 3.58GB ) ripped file, from which
I want to extract dts single files, ...but:
1. I can't mount it through daemon tools ---> error
2. I can't open it with powerIso ---> error
I can only open it with foobar2000, but even though I have installed dts decoder, it converts it in stereo (wav) files.
thanks

As far as I know, there is no way to read a SACD on a PC.  I ran across this site today:
http://www.ps3sacd.com/dsd_downloads.html

You might find information there.

extract dts from iso

Reply #3
There is a cli windows program called "scarletbook.exe" if you google enough you can find it.

you would then have to register the decoder,
Code: [Select]
regsvr32 DecoderComp.dll

then run scarletbook
Code: [Select]
scarletbook.exe -c -m -iexample.iso

Edit:
I believe that "scarletbook.exe" was written by the guy who led the sacd-ripper project for the PS3 on code.google.com

extract dts from iso

Reply #4
Since you are using the foobar2000, install the foo_input_sacd component (if you already haven't installed it) and configure it to the desired PCM samplerate. Load the SACD ISO file into the playlist, and select the desired track(s). But be sure that they are the multichannel ones. Usually, there is also a stereo mix on a SACD, so you have 2 sets of tracks in the playlist. Open the converter, choose the encoder (FLAC for example, if you want lossless) and convert the tracks. It works, I've tried it.

Cheers
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

Re: extract dts from iso

Reply #5
Since you are using the foobar2000, install the foo_input_sacd component (if you already haven't installed it) and configure it to the desired PCM samplerate. Load the SACD ISO file into the playlist, and select the desired track(s). But be sure that they are the multichannel ones. Usually, there is also a stereo mix on a SACD, so you have 2 sets of tracks in the playlist. Open the converter, choose the encoder (FLAC for example, if you want lossless) and convert the tracks. It works, I've tried it.

Cheers
Could not load component "foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component": This component was built for a different processor architecture.

Re: extract dts from iso

Reply #6
You are replying to a post from 2011 (and which also isn't correct about losslessness).

Back then, everything was for 32-bit. As far as I understand, fb2kv2 support has experimental status. Try to redownload the newest version from the source. If you cannot get it work, use fb2k 32-bit.

And again, non-DST DSD can be losslessly contained in WavPack.