Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Winamp 5.2: First Beta Version out! (Read 81722 times) previous topic - next topic

Winamp 5.2: First Beta Version out!

Reply #75
Come on guys. If you're going to keep replicating foobar2000's feature set, at least make it compatible.

The only reason Winamp has Tagz (or ATF as it is called) is because Peter Pawlowski (the FooBar2000 creator) previously worked close with Nullsoft developing many input and output plug-ins many of which are used by default in Winamp today. Just look at the in_mod, in_vorbis, out_ds plugins (and more).
After Peter got tired making Winamp plugins (because of the lackluster plugin API/SDK) he started on his own player making everything class based and decent. FooBar2000 therefore has a much more robust API.'

I just had to spit it out. I hate Winamp because of the obsolete Window Message based API which forces developers to devise hacks in order to get things done.

Reply #76
...and the Winamp team continues to fork Tagz... If nothing else, their insistence on using their own function names bugs me. $decode, for example, is an exact clone of $replace, with a much more abstract name.

Come on guys. If you're going to keep replicating foobar2000's feature set, at least make it compatible.

I'd agree that making the same functions with different names does make things more fiddly than it should be. But I would also say that I see DECODE as a popular standard from use in Oracle SQL scripting.

In saying that I have practically stopped using winamp in favour in foobar nowadays.

Reply #77
Wow saivert. Great job to resurrect plain old threads. Is that your reaction for having been banned in the Winamp forums? To bitch about Winamp everywhere?

But good to see that you found hydrogenaudio now, after all your years of Winamp plugin coding.

Well, the topic is that Winamp 5.20 beta is out? 

I could bet that I saw already Winamp 5.24 around the corner.

Reply #78
I just had to spit it out. I hate Winamp because of the obsolete Window Message based API which forces developers to devise hacks in order to get things done.

Well, thanks for the history lesson, though I knew most of it. Sorry to hear things went bad at the Winamp forums. From what I saw, the ban seemed a little impulsive...

But I would also say that I see DECODE as a popular standard from use in Oracle SQL scripting.

Interesting. I didn't know that. There are other examples though, that was just the first one I noticed.