Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD burning initialization failed (Read 118516 times) previous topic - next topic

CD burning initialization failed

I have trouble with new version of foo_burninate
CD burning initialization failed: Неопознанная ошибка  (0x80004005)
(when I click "Write Audio CD")
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #2
cool component, really. Is there any chance to add

- option to burn a data disc
- getting info about total play time (or total file size) in the dialog

?

Reply #3
Does anyone know if this component will burn CD-TEXT audio CD's?

Reply #4
http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=Download#components
Adds support for burning audio CDs from any of supported audio formats, through context menu commands.
Version 3.0 highlights: No longer requires Nero to be installed. CD-TEXT support is currently missing.

elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #7
Install:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952011

Hi Shakey clicked on the link you suppllied takes me to the web page that I mentioned but I still dont know on that page what to downlod there are numerous options.

Do you know what language you speak?
Do you know what version of windows you are running?

If you know those two pieces of information and are able to validate your windows install, this shouldn't be a problem.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #8
I apologize, I didn't read the release notes first. Now that I have it installed, I like the interface. It's very simple and straightforward. If CD-TEXT support is added it would be perfect for my needs.

Reply #9
So, I downloaded and installed the IMAPI thing, and I still get the "CD burning initialization failed: Unspecified error  (0x80004005)" message.

I'm running Windows XP Professional System Pack 3, and I grabbed the XP files in question.

Reply #10
Also running Windows XP Professional System Pack 3, IMAPI update installed and I get the same error as DocBeard.

Reply #11
If you're getting the Unspecified error (0x80004005) error, try disabling any virtual drives you have before burning.
This will be worked around with the next update of the component.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #12
Disabling devices helped, thank you. When the new version will be released, I don't need exact date, but in a month, two months...?
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #13
Would shared folders on a home network constitute virtual drives in this case? I can't think of anything else on my system that would fit that specification. I'll give it a try when I get home though. Thanks!

Reply #14
Maybe if they are mounted as drives.

Ivan
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #15
Hmmm. They are not. The only things I have other than my hard drive and my DVD drive that show up as actual drives are flash card readers. And disabling them had no effect. Oh well. I'll wait on the next release.

Reply #16
Great plugin. However, is it just me being stupid, or isn't it possible to change the write speed? I usually write audio CDs in 1x or 2x, so that would be a welcome feature. Also, the possibility for "Disc At Once" writing would be lovely.

Reply #17
Also, the possibility for "Disc At Once" writing would be lovely.

Since it burns gapless playback formats gaplessly, I'm pretty sure it has to be using disc-at-once.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #18
If you're getting the Unspecified error (0x80004005) error, try disabling any virtual drives you have before burning.
This will be worked around with the next update of the component.

Thank you very much!! It really works! Cool!
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #19
But I have new error when clicking on "OK" button in plugin:
Audio CD burning process failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA0208)
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!

Reply #20
Hi, my regards to all the members of the forum.

I've got a similar problem: I updated foobar to the new v.0968.
I don't have Nero in my computer, so as I read that this new version can burn a cd without Nero I say let's try, but when I try to write a cd I've got this message:

CD burning initialization failed: No recording devices found

I had installed too the microsoft IMAPI thing and I still having the issue.

Regards.

Reply #21
I get the same: Audio CD burning process failed: Unknown error code (0xC0AA0208)

No matter the IMAPI update files are installed.  Given the absence of support response to these posts I suspect there is no fix available at this time.

Reply #22
Where can I download the old version of foo_burninate.dll (2.0.1)? I desperately need to burn a CD and I have the same error (0xC0AA0208). Disabling virtual drives didn't help.

Thanks a lot!

Reply #23
Could you guys tell us the make and model of your CD-R drive?
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #24
It's a NEC DVD_RW ND-3540A. Not the newest model, I know...