Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.4 beta (Read 63285 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #50
Howdy,
Columns UI still causes Foobar 0.9.4 Beta 1 to crash on Vista RC1. How do I contact the author, so it (hopefully) can be fixed
Thanks

ask musicmusic to fix that. IIRC, columns_ui crashes foobar2000. foobar2000's default plugins and default application do not. but i don't have windows so i can't confirm this.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #51
Howdy,
I sent him a PM. Hope it gets fixed soon. Very frustrating, as I can't use Foobar properly on Vista!

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #52
you can use the default interface. it's been doing wonders on my system.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #53
Yes, but it is not what I like. The Columns don't line up as neat.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #54
hi there

the changelog looks quite promising, I don't understand everything though.

I noticed that AMIPwrapper doesn't work here for some reason. a popup says "Unable to load plugin". In the Preferences Dialog, there is an entry called AmipWrapper, but foobar crashes when you click on it.

there is also a problem with columns_ui, or maybe I did something wrong. enabling the columns UI interface makes foobar to one big grey window with nothing in it.. but it seems to work for most of the people here, so maybe it's just me

also, I am a bit confused because of some entries in here. what exactly is new/better with the ID Tags? better compatibility with other players? I understood it like a "downgrade" from V.2.4 to V.2.3, correct me if I'm wrong..
this may be a silly question, but how exactly does this effect an average user who just wants to play songs, Rip CDs, tag and rate his files with foobar?

thank you!

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #55
also, I am a bit confused because of some entries in here. what exactly is new/better with the ID Tags? better compatibility with other players? I understood it like a "downgrade" from V.2.4 to V.2.3, correct me if I'm wrong..

I don't think it's a case of 'better'. As the new preference setting states: "non-specification-compliant, slow, activates workarounds for common bugs in other software".

The most common example of why this might be useful is for iTunes, which doesn't cope well with v2.4 tags, but displays v2.3 no problems. So converting and tagging mp3's in foobar with the compatibility mode means that those mp3 tags will display in iTunes.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #58

Thx for the release~!
Btw just found out a bug, fb2k 0.9.4 b1 couldnt exit properly,
i have to open Task manager and end task manually...

Please file proper bug reports, each of them in a new thread. Otherwise it's impossible for the dev's to keep track of things. (Not to mention the fact that this thread will be closed if you don't  )

Ok the bug has comfirmed, cause by foo_dsp_headphones9.dll,
fb2k 0.9.4b1 finally can exit properly after remove this dsp plugin.

I will file a bug report to the plugin author soon

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #59
[deleted]

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #60
I have a shared music collection, I maintain all the tags in foobar but some people use Media Player to play songs, and every time they do it cocks up the tags (truncates title, album etc., fiddles with genre, removes all my special tags like disc etc.). Will using ID3v2.3 fix this? If so, I'm definately downloading 0.9.4 beta 1, it'll save me a lot of headaches!

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #61
It should solve your WMP and truncate title, album, etc problem but about custom tag maybe you will lost them. ID3v2.3 support in 0.9.4b1 only support official field that's listed here.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #62
The annoying update window is still there 

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #63
will you change your version right away when the new version or beta version comes out?
wonderful!!!!!!!!!!
vondafone!!!!!!!!!!
vodafone!!!!!!!!!!!!

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #65
$tab() will allow you to simulate columns of text in the default UI if you use it to separate text like this

TEXT1$tab()TEXT2$tab()TEXT3

They are not real columns, there will be no borders for you to resize or anything like that. However, it's rather useful if you want your playlist to appear in columns such as:

%list_index%.$tab()%album artist% - %title%$tab()%length%

btw musicmusic has posted a new beta in the columnsui thread that corrects the incompatibility issues with vista.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #68
I think there was a refresh issue with the properties window which now has been fixed.

Wishlist: When we select multiple files, the properties window provides us with various tech info for multiple files...

e.g.

Code: [Select]
BS; Lancer [20051118] (based on aoTuV b4a [20051105]) (17.5%); LAME3.98a (7.7%); Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20040629 (1.8%)

At the moment we can see the full info only via a hint. I suggest using the same mechanism as when double clicking a multi value tag (opening a separate window)...

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #69
I find repsonse a bit laggy with the new 0.9.4 beta 2 - when i click on a song on the playlist, there is a noticable pause before the track begins to play, and album art also shows the lag. This did not happen with beta 1.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #70
I find repsonse a bit laggy with the new 0.9.4 beta 2 - when i click on a song on the playlist, there is a noticable pause before the track begins to play, and album art also shows the lag. This did not happen with beta 1.

Did you happen to upgrade album art panel around the same time?  The new version (0.2.4) processes all wildcard matches, which would cause a pause like you describe.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #71
yes . . . . did upgrade the album art panel. should i then be using the old version??

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #72
downgraded album art panel to 0.2.1b and the lag is gone!! thanks for the info.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #73
downgraded album art panel to 0.2.1b and the lag is gone!! thanks for the info.

Dont downgrade. I had the same problem. Look at this thread I had the same issue and the answer was given to me quickly.

The new version of albumart processes all the wildcards so all you have to so is be more specific and add a couple more specific sources so it doesnt get confused
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

foobar2000 0.9.4 beta

Reply #74
OK. upgraded back to 0.2.4 album art panel and tweaked the source code as suggested. Seems to be working fine and at the moment even the erratic no cover artwork seems to be displaying ok. Will keep my fingers crossed - had some problems with the upgrading and downgrading. An error message said a dll file caused foobar to close itself. But after removing album art panel dll and then adding it again, everything seems to be fine.

Anyway, thanks again musosticky.