Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem CD is split OK by foobar2000 but not by CueTools: loss of sync (Read 3527 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem CD is split OK by foobar2000 but not by CueTools: loss of sync

I rely totally on CT for splitting FLAC archives into tracks, and thanks so much for such a good tool.

FYI - I have just run across a CD for which CT v2.1.4 reports "loss of synchronization" and omits the last track.  Foobar2K also reports loss of synch but recovers all tracks.

The original link is on FilePost and is still available there.  I can supply that link, or maybe re-upload the whole 330MB file to a different sharing service - if it will help the effort on CT.

Arbie

Reply #1
FYI - I have just run across [read: warez’d] a CD […] The original link is on FilePost and is still available there.  I can supply that link, or maybe re-upload the whole 330MB file to a different sharing service
Not according to #9 of Hydrogenaudio’s Terms of Service, to which you agreed during registration.

I doubt there will be much interest from anyone in working around a problem in an illegitimately sourced file.

Reply #2
FYI - I have just run across [read: warez’d] a CD […] The original link is on FilePost and is still available there.  I can supply that link, or maybe re-upload the whole 330MB file to a different sharing service
Not according to #9 of Hydrogenaudio’s Terms of Service, to which you agreed during registration.

I doubt there will be much interest from anyone in working around a problem in an illegitimately sourced file.

You may be having trouble reading from atop that high horse.  First, I didn't say anything about warez, nor discuss the link as such.  You did.

What I said was that there is an audio file posted on the internet which gives CueTools, but not Foobar, a problem.  The content of the file is completely immaterial, and is in fact of no value by itself.

I don't personally care if CT is ever able to deal with whatever problem this file has - but I took the time to report the fact in an effort to help make the program better.  I won't bother doing that again.

Reply #3
What I said was that there is an audio file posted on the internet which gives CueTools, but not Foobar, a problem. […] I don't personally care if CT is ever able to deal with whatever problem this file has - but I took the time to report the fact in an effort to help make the program better.
It would only be a positive thing if you could help to solve an issue, but this process is complicated if it is caused by a badly composed file for which I imagine no author would be forthcoming, and…

The content of the file is completely immaterial, and is in fact of no value by itself.
It thoroughly is material if you want the issue to be investigated, but it is not permitted by Hydrogenaudio’s rules if it was not released in a legitimate way. How do you suggest we reconcile these two statements? Perhaps Gregory would be willing to investigate for himself if you were to contact him directly, but links to unauthorised material or discussion thereof are not permitted here.

I won't bother doing that again.
Childish closing remark ignored.