Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC can't Embed (AlbumArt) in Flac (Read 8575 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC can't Embed (AlbumArt) in Flac

Hi I'm ussing EAC v1.0 beta 3 & Flac v1.2.1

I tried evrything but I can't embande the Cover (AlbumArt) inside Flac file with EAC.
My settings in JPG you can see http://tinyurl.com/p4w5ns3

My command line is
Code: [Select]
-1 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

What am I doing wrong? 
tnx

Reply #1
Please confirm that you have a method that, before encoding, saves the image referred to as %coverfile% to the location where your option tells EAC to look. Otherwise, if there is no image, of course EAC cannot embed it.

Reply #2
Quoting a PM here because I have no intention of taking sole responsibility to provide private answers to questions that were asked in a public thread:
Please confirm that you have a method that, before encoding, saves the image referred to as %coverfile% to the location where your option tells EAC to look. Otherwise, if there is no image, of course EAC cannot embed it.
What do you mean how I tell EAC where to look?
Here:

There has to be a metadata lookup to provide that image that is to be written with that file name. Otherwise, you have to provide the image yourself, again with the given name. That file name will be substituted for %coverfile% in your command line. Therefore, if the image does not exist, it cannot be written to the FLAC.

Reply #3
My settings in JPG you can see ...
::

Look at the file "03_Compression Options 04.jpg". You need to check "Add cover image to ID3V2 tag".
This is fairly misleading because of the absence of ID3 tags in FLAC and should be "Add cover image to tag".

Greetings, ...

::