Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Odd RG scanner bug (Read 1923 times) previous topic - next topic

Odd RG scanner bug

Seems there is an interesting bug in the RG scanner - this is what I get on one of my MP3s:
replaygain_track_gain = -10.600000 dB
replaygain_track_peak = 6375.131775

Which effectively makes the track 5 minutes of silence (given that 'use peak... blah' is enabled).
The console does show
WARNING (foo_input_std) : mpeg stream error at 475220 bytes, attempting resync
INFO (foo_input_std) : mpeg stream resync successful

but it seems unlikely that a simple sync error would cause that effect.

By the way, I would have appreciated it if the RC14 installer gave a clear warning that it would completely bork my existing settings - it's going to take me quite a while to get my formatting strings back in order.  Stuff like this only annoys - if you change the .cfg format and don't want to provide automatic conversion from the old format, either give a clear warning before/during install, or use a different filename - that way I could have reinstalled .667, copied my format strings and had everything back to normal without much hassle... 

Odd RG scanner bug

Reply #1
Erm, "simple sync error" means a broken frame, and possibly garbage output from mp3 decoder without being able to identify the data as bad.
Not a bug, topic closed.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.