Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Make Foobar2000 to remove files from hard drive (Read 6023 times) previous topic - next topic

Make Foobar2000 to remove files from hard drive

Hello, I use Foobar as my default music player, I was wondering if theres possible way to select and remove music from the list and pernamently of hard drive ?
the steps are: theres a song on the list, that i want to get rid of it even from hard drive, so i did by selecting remove pernamently, from list and hard drive but it might play still that song
after when its done, i might get it back because foobar is still playing this song which it might have it still on RAM untill the song has change so software will remove it from RAM

its just like music player in Ubuntu/Kubuntu called Amarok 1.4.10

Reply #1
The context menu REMOVE option is intended to remove track from playlist. It is not a delete command. You need to use the context menu FILE OPERATIONS >Delete file option.

If you do not have that option, reinstall foobar2000 over your existing install and install -file operations- option during insta..

Reply #2
A follow up question: Is it possible, when deleting a file via foobar2000, to have file actually be deleted rather than sent to the Recycle Bin?

Reply #3
as far as i know, Amarok doesn't put song to recycle bin, it stays in RAM, thats what i saw when i removed 120MB track in linux, the memory increased by 120MB of the software that it used to run. and about that file operating, i cant find it after reinstalling foobar2000

Reply #4
file operations is an extra component you have to select manually during install. read each dialog before clicking next...

Reply #5
I've got it, thank you , now its easier to manipulate playlists