IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 General Forum Rules

This is NOT a tech support forum.
Tech support questions go to foobar2000 Tech Support forum instead.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
How to copy only some fields..., from a single file to another
fabiospark
post Jan 29 2006, 10:43
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 19881

I have a couple of multi values fields (performers, instruments, situations etc) I sometimes need to copy from a single file to another.

As you know, with a single file selected, the properties dialogue or the special file info box show the multi values of a field as single values with the same field name making it impossible to copy them as a single string.

I thought to use the masstagger with some auxiliary field in the process but it can't copy values from different files so I'm still stuck.

Does anybody know some workaround or, if I'm short sighted, the actual straight solution to this?

The only thing I could think would be the ability to filter the "copy tags" command so to skip those fields that must remain different. I asked for this in another thread but the question has been ignored so I tried to explain myself better and see if this helps (hope it won't lead to a warning to not double post).

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Habla
post Jan 29 2006, 11:30
Post #2

Member No.: 26598

EDIT: I was wrong. Pay no attention to this post sad.gif

This post has been edited by Habla: Jan 29 2006, 11:35
+Quote Post
Squeller
post Jan 29 2006, 14:38
Post #3

Member No.: 3218

Yes, this is what fb2k is really lacking of. I admit there's the "copy info between files" tool, but this is rather a strange one.

As a dumb user I'd expect the following: A "copy tags" and "paste tags" option. "copy tags" copies all tags (i.e. first id3v1, then id3v2 then finally overwrite with ape) to clipboard, "paste tags" would bring up a window which simply shows all Field names which are all marked and you could then unmark them by a simple mouse click. OK would then tag all marked files from top to bottom.
+Quote Post
shrinkmail
post Jan 29 2006, 20:32
Post #4

Member No.: 19915

I wonder whether a tagging script could be made for the masstagger for this function. It would be altogether better if it could be incorporated into the core, because this is sorely missed. It's the only reason i have to use a third party tagging program along with foobar2000 - i.e inability to copy only some fields (in any tag format, id3, ape, whatever) on to some other file.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 19:44