Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7 (Read 913938 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1025
[snip] I agree that no one will answer me.

In fact it isn't very annoying but I thought someone would show me how to separate these settings panels because it is only one word and I am not a programmer.
perhaps you could use this for libre and use the official last.fm client for last.fm?

another programme? no, too much memory usage. But thanks anyway

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1027
I can't. I found boomerang but gui console crashes every time I try to decompile file.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1028
After updating to foobar 1.1.11 I'm getting the following error from audioscrobbler:

Audioscrobbler: Handshake successful.
Audioscrobbler: Not Implemented (501)

I was using version 1.1 before and it worked fine. Any ideas on what's causing this? I have already tried deleting the configuration file but that didn't help.

Exactly the same problem here. What does it mean: Not Implemented (501)

I changed  from Windows XP to Windows 7.
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1029
 LastFM says:
We strongly recommend that you change your password now, while we investigate a security problem.
  Just like the Linkedin-fail a few days ago.

They do not say the security-issue has been fixed so you best use some kind of temporary pass. (and don't forget to adjust your LastFM-client accordingly.)

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1030
Has this been abandoned? I wish it would scrobble True Audio (the vast majority of my library). The last.fm scrobbler plugin + program does it, though it does not scrobble external Radio Stations (a large amount of my listening time).

Can't have both it appears

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1031
i'm almost certain this component does not care what codec your files are. the metadata such as artist/title will be passed to it by foobar itself.

are you getting errors? messages in the console?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1032
Mine says it's awaiting handshake since 608 tracks ago. I made sure i have the correct password, and tried changing it in Foobar prefs and Last.fm, changing it back in both. No other errors in Console. The Last.fm client has no problems of course. I'm not using a proxy or have any funky network settings. I also tried the same password on the last.fm radio plugin and it works fine. Using latest non-beta Foobar (1.1.14a) and component (1.4.7).

Any ideas?

Audioscrobbler: Still awaiting handshake. Cache contains 608 tracks.

EDIT: oddly, i restarted Foobar and it works totally fine now. No idea what was causing the hang. Weird.
musician & recording engineer. likes: goth & jazz, but really everything

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1033
eh...i have just installed the newest version (v1.1.15) but i still get the 'Handshake failed" message....i just logged into my last.fm account via my web browser w/ the same password and login name that's specified in my preferences > audioscrobbler portion of foobar, but still nothing.

my phone writes to last.fm fine, but for some reason my home PC has stopped a while ago (i had about 1000 songs in teh cache).

any ideas?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1034
With in the last day or so I've noticed my Foobar tracks aren't loading to last.fm I'm getting a "Could not connect to host" msg. So, I've installed the latest ver of Foobar, re-installed the scrobbler app, checked passwords and still not working.  Anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts on troubleshooting?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1035
With in the last day or so I've noticed my Foobar tracks aren't loading to last.fm I'm getting a "Could not connect to host" msg. So, I've installed the latest ver of Foobar, re-installed the scrobbler app, checked passwords and still not working.  Anyone else having this issue? Any thoughts on troubleshooting?

Probably this has something to do with that: http://status.last.fm/ (Submissions: CRITICAL).

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1036
yeah what m-z said, just wait until the service goes back to normal and then submit your cache.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1037
i know its not a big issue, but it would be really nice if the audioscrobble would display a nice foobar icon in the last.fm profile page while scrobbling, like the other plugins for winamp and wmp do. the guy at the last.fm support says, the developer of the plugin i use (which is your audioscrobble plugin) can upload an icon via the API.
would be nice if you could upload a nice one

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1038
Did you realise, that foo_audioscrobbler will stop working by Dec 1st?
last.fm will discontinue to support the used protocol then.

Any chance to get an alternative?
Or does anyone know the author and may ask him whether he can change the sw to the new protocol.

Enjoy
John

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1039

well, it maybe connected to the fact, that last.fm shuts down the protocol foo_audioscrobbler uses.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1040
Do you have a source on that?
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1041
the old last.fm radio api is being closed down and has nothing whatsoever to do with scrobbling. how people can get the two mixed up, i'll never know. 

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1042
the old last.fm radio api is being closed down and has nothing whatsoever to do with scrobbling. how people can get the two mixed up, i'll never know. 

i am sorry i mixed it up.
not everyone can be perfect.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1043
i know its not a big issue, but it would be really nice if the audioscrobbler would display a foobar icon in the last.fm profile page while scrobbling, like the other plugins for winamp and wmp do. the guy at the last.fm support says, the developer of the plugin can upload an icon via the API.
would be nice if you could upload one

am i really the only one interested in this issue?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1044
i know its not a big issue, but it would be really nice if the audioscrobbler would display a foobar icon in the last.fm profile page while scrobbling, like the other plugins for winamp and wmp do. the guy at the last.fm support says, the developer of the plugin can upload an icon via the API.
would be nice if you could upload one

am i really the only one interested in this issue?

No you're not the only one to whom it seems to fit, I'm also interested!
last.fm | bulletproof2k

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1045
Please forgive me if this has been asked before:

Can I somehow make foo_audioscrobbler automatically submit tracks in my cache when connection to the server is established?

I find having to manually submit tracks in my cache annoying and it would be nice if the component did it automatically for me once it successfully "shakes hands" with the server.

Thanks.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1046
I was under the impression that it already does automatically submit cached plays once the connection has been restored.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1047
Hello!
I don't see a way to to "love"/hate songs from foobar with this plugin. So these features are missing, right?

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1048
It would be great if there would be an update that would upgrade to the latest scrobbling protocol version.

foo_audioscrobbler 1.4.7

Reply #1049
I was under the impression that it already does automatically submit cached plays once the connection has been restored.

Yes, it does that.
Sorry about the false alarm.