Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [MISUNDERSTANDING] From: Jplay - just another scam? YES IT IS! (Read 3111 times) previous topic - next topic

[MISUNDERSTANDING] From: Jplay - just another scam? YES IT IS!

Reply #2
It's a joke, of course.
Glad to hear that. I was sort of amazed when reading such statement by you.

It is also a self-contradictory claim
Indeed, since it is a generalization itself and as such false, according to its own allegation.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Reply #3
all generalizations are false.
What nonsense!

It's a joke, of course.
Glad to hear that. I was sort of amazed when reading such statement by you.
It is also a self-contradictory claim
Indeed, since it is a generalization itself and as such false, according to its own allegation.

In two attempts, you still don't seem to understand Arnie's post.  Maybe third time's the charm:
That's a generalization and all generalizations are false.

It's a joke, of course. It is also a self-contradictory claim that is also a pretty good guide to reading posts.

Reply #4
Before I called the passage "all generalizations are false" nonsense I read Arnold's whole post twice. Yes, even now I still don't see any clue that the quoted remark should have been understood as a joke (let alone why 'of course') or not to be taken seriously for whatever reason.

With "Indeed, since it is a generalization itself and as such false, according to its own allegation" I provided a first argument (I would have some more) why it is nonsense and quoted Arnold only partly, because the key word in his reply was "self-contradictory".

It is true, up to now I am not able to see any connection between Arnold's alleged joke and the phrase you set bold.

If I should have misread Arnold's post as you say: reasons why something might appear to be clear for you but not for me could be cultural differences, translation issues or - Robertina's limited intellectual skills. I leave the final appraisal to you or the community and will have no problems with whatever result.

Maybe third time's the charm:

No, sorry, Sir, as you will already have realized: also the third time isn't the charm.
This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.