Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: cue sheet to read tracks from subfolder (Read 4339 times) previous topic - next topic

cue sheet to read tracks from subfolder

Is it possible to create a cue sheet that reads individual tracks from within a subfolder? If so, how?

Reply #1
Is it possible to create a cue sheet that reads individual tracks from within a subfolder? If so, how?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_sheet]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_sheet[/url]

Note: in order for a cue sheet to work properly, the filename within the quotation marks in the filename line must match the filename of the MP3, as well as be in the same folder as the MP3.

I tried making a cue putting a second FILE after the first track and it wouldn't go past the first one.  I guess you could always combine the files with mp3DirectCut making a cue in the process?
"Have you ever been with a woman? It's like death. You moan, you scream and then you start to beg for mercy, for salvation"

Reply #2
I'm pretty sure I've done this very thing before but I can't swear to it. Just try putting the path of the file into the cue sheet like this:

FILE subfolder\filename.wav WAV

Reply #3
I'm pretty sure I've done this very thing before but I can't swear to it. Just try putting the path of the file into the cue sheet like this:

FILE subfolder\filename.wav WAV[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=340042\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This may depend on the application used for reading the cue sheet.

At least full filename paths should work. Cue files like this should work with most programs:

Code: [Select]
TITLE "2+2"
PERFORMER "Various Artists"
FILE "X:\Bela Fleck & the Flecktones\Flight of the Cosmic Hippo\01 - Blu-Bop.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Blu-Bop"
    PERFORMER "Bela Fleck & the Flecktones"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "X:\Bela Fleck & the Flecktones\Greatest Hits of the 20th Century\10 - Big Country.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Big Country"
FILE "X:\Diana Krall\The Look Of Love\07 - Dancing in the Dark.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Dancing in the Dark"
    PERFORMER "Diana Krall"
FILE "X:\Diana Krall\When I Look In Your Eyes\05 - Popsicle Toes.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Popsicle Toes"
    PERFORMER "Diana Krall"

Reply #4
OK, what Alex B suggested works fine!

Thanks!

Reply #5

FILE subfolder\filename.wav WAV[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=340042\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This may depend on the application used for reading the cue sheet.

At least full filename paths should work. Cue files like this should work with most programs:

Code: [Select]
TITLE "2+2"
PERFORMER "Various Artists"
FILE "X:\Bela Fleck & the Flecktones\Flight of the Cosmic Hippo\01 - Blu-Bop.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Blu-Bop"
FILE "X:\Bela Fleck & the Flecktones\Greatest Hits of the 20th Century\10 - Big Country.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Big Country"
FILE "X:\Diana Krall\The Look Of Love\07 - Dancing in the Dark.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Dancing in the Dark"
    PERFORMER "Diana Krall"
FILE "X:\Diana Krall\When I Look In Your Eyes\05 - Popsicle Toes.mp3" MP3
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Popsicle Toes"
    PERFORMER "Diana Krall"

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=340051\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Agh.  The INDEX resets to 00:00:00 after each file...  No wonder I couldn't get it to work in my test. 
"Have you ever been with a woman? It's like death. You moan, you scream and then you start to beg for mercy, for salvation"

Reply #6
Why would you want a cuesheet in a separate directory? 

It seems like it would make reorganizing your music collection a hassle, since you'd have to reorganize the collection as represented inside the cuesheets in addition to keeping track of the files themselves (cuesheets and audio files both).

Absolute paths would be twice the pain (if you put your files onto a disc, you can only run the cuesheets on a computer that mounts the disc drive as the same letter as when you constructed the cuesheet, right?).

Reply #7
TITLE "Rarities"
PERFORMER "Ministry"
FILE "My Music\Ministry - Crumbs (Live 8-27-99).mp3" MP3
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE "Crumbs (Live 8-27-99)"
PERFORMER "Ministry"
FILE "My Music\Ministry - I See Red (Take 2).mp3" MP3
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE "I See Red (Take 2)"
PERFORMER "Ministry"
FILE "My Music\Ministry - I'll Do Anything For You.mp3" MP3
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE "I'll Do Anything For You"
PERFORMER "Ministry"

It seems relative paths work perfectly fine in Foobar at least.  I don't have any other players on this computer but WMP so I can't test it.