Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [REQ]Larger code edit box (Read 3012 times) previous topic - next topic

[REQ]Larger code edit box

I always had problems seeing the code as a whole in ColumnsUI and in any other window where I had to edit code. Now I have a 19" monitor that runs at 1280x1024 pixels but the windows are the same. I have lots of space but the edit box is still 10 by 10 cm, or not even.
That's why I always edit the code in a Notepad window and then test it in foobar.
Another feature that I'm missing is the posibility to search and replace.
Hoping that I was clear enough I'm waiting to see these features in 0.9.5.

Reply #1
+1
At least a resizeable pref window is a must, besides other points for propper code tabbing - tabbed code creates more line breakes which complicate code 'layout'

Reply #2
You can try ResizeEnable.
ResizeEnable lets you turn usually non-resizeable windows into resizeable windows.
Not perfect ... i know, but a way to help!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #3
Thanks for the program strictly4me!
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Reply #4
i fully support loft's request, it's a unnecessary pain editing longer codes.

ResizeEnable doesn't work well with these windows, for example access to the ok and cancel buttons is not possible after resizing...