Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: find/replace text in the title tag (Read 3113 times) previous topic - next topic

find/replace text in the title tag

I want to find and replace some text in the title tag. I suppose I want to make my listing consistent.

Is this possible in foobar? if yes, can you please teach me how? I searche the forum but nothing useful came up.

Thank you very much

Reply #1
You can read the Title Formatting Help in foobar2000, you find it in the Help-menu.

The function you want is $replace.
Code: [Select]
$replace(A,B,C) - Replaces all occurrences of string B in string A with string C.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Reply #2
Hello. Thanks for the tip!

I read the help file but it doesn't tell me how to use the functions? (e.g. right-click on file and select properties)

I tried looking at the menu items at the top and menu items available after right-clicking and nothing seems suitable. A forum search told me nothing as well.

Can you please tell me how to use the functions available?

Thanks again

Moderation: Removed useless full quote of the preceding post.

Reply #3
Select tracks with the problematic title (or all, files with unchanged tags won't be overwritten), open Properties, right-click on the Title row, choose "Format from other fields...".
Now type e.g. [font= "Courier New"]$replace(%title%,old,new)[/font] in the input field, check preview below and that's it.
You can do any number of changes one after another, everything is finally written only after you close the whole Properties dialog using the OK button.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #5
There shouldn't be any spaces after the comma (unless they are a part of the string that you want to replace).

Reply #6
thank you!