Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #9] How to Display albums downloaded with uTorrent in AlbumList p (Read 1689 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #9] How to Display albums downloaded with uTorrent in AlbumList p

It's annoying to move downloaded albums from the Torrent downloads folder to my music folder.
It takes time and i have to stop seeding. But i just came up with a solution, check out this screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/5UKGo.jpg
(my foobar setup is to the right, Torrent is maximized, Torrents options is the left small window and foobars pref. window is the right one).

Step1: Open Torrents options, goto the directories tab, and check "Append the torrent's label" checkbox.
Step2: Download an album from the internets, (BE SURE NOT TO BREAK ANY LAWS).
Step3: Goto the downloads tab in Torrent, your album shoulld be the latest addad torrent. If not visible create, (right click on the columns bar), the label column.
          Then, create a new label, (rightclick on the empty space in the label column on the torrent's row) for the album. And name it "Musik\Torrent"
Step4: Wait for the download to finish.
Step5: Open up Foobar2000's preferences window, and goto Media Library and click on the Add button.
Step6: Browse to your Torrent downloads folder and select the folder called Musik.
Step7: Click apply, and voilá, all music downloaded with Torrent and labeled (if the label was applied before the album finnished downloading) Musik\Torrent
          Will show up in your Albumlist in a folder called Torrent and in your media library

No more moving folders.
I hope someone will find this useful.

Reply #1
While you're dancing on the edge regarding a ToS#9 warning, since this is more or less an obvious piracy guide, it's essentially one step:

Step1: Add Download folder to monitored folders of Media Library.

It is in fact probably useful to use the label feature of µTorrent for organizing, but I fail to see how this is foobar2000 related. And it doesn't help if you need to re-tag the files to fit in your tagging scheme. Since to me this is a piracy guide, I think this post is probably better suited for the community where you "trade" your files than the official foobar2000 board.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.

Reply #2
No if you just add your torrent-download folder, all folders and media files within it will be added to your albumlist/library. Also if you like me have a directory based music library the albums in your folders from your download folder will be mixed up in your library root folder, where i have my albums sorted by gengre.

If any admins think i break any rules, contact me and maybe i can rewrite the post and change the picture. But i clearly states that you should not break any laws while downloading music.

Reply #3
OK, I see your point regarding the labels. And I don't think a rewrite is necessary, but I really expect this to be moved or binned, soon. I wouldn't want to see these kind of guides on my official board, to be honest.
It's only audiophile if it's inconvenient.