Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why do I see cats everywhere? (Read 70874 times) previous topic - next topic

Why do I see cats everywhere?

Reply #25
Ah, that's OK then. I guess i was fooled, still not funny though!! You do hear of a lot of sick things people do for example the "stamp"/"stomp" videos that are made across the world and sold! They are real and really horrid!!

Kristian

Reply #26
If you love cats, check this for bad news. 
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #27
Cats have good hearing abilities... and are prettiest than bats.

Reply #28
Isn't the cat in your avatar Pierre Boulez (boolez)?

Reply #29
I also felt a bit left out 

Reply #30
Isn't the cat in your avatar Pierre Boulez (boolez)?

He have a good hearing. And isn't he pretty ;-)

Reply #31
and are prettiest than bats.

That's all in the eye of the beholder.

Do a search for a Silver Haired Bat. Part time resident of the state I live in.

Some Info

Reply #32
If you'd like some non-visually-offensive but morally objectionable cat pictures, check out http://www.****** .

That page is F$*#ING sick,

being a strict vegetarian and animal lover, how the hell can people get away with this without being arrested, put in prison. I'm quite a calm guy in real life but if i got my hands on someone who performs this, i don't know what i'd do.

Can't really say anything else, where is this page based and what kind of people would even want to have one!!!!

Thant's really upset me for the day now,

Kristian

I know the VP of the company which formerly hosted the site.(I believe Interland now has it) He is marrying my sister. Anywhoo it is 100% bonnafied hoax. He had fun talking with the FBI on that one. There were also some other pages in a similar vein hosted there that the FBI asked about at the time. They all turned out to be jokes. If anyone wants to see a funny site type "fu fme" into google and go to the first link. I will not post the actual link because some might be offended by the funny poser positions.

As to cats who needs an avatar. Mine is in my nick.

Reply #33

Some Info

Yes bats are actually quite beautiful creatures. To bad there is no such thing as domesticated bats. They would do quite a job on insects. Lets see a dog or a cat do that!

Reply #34

Some Info

Yes bats are actually quite beautiful creatures. To bad there is no such thing as domesticated bats. They would do quite a job on insects. Lets see a dog or a cat do that!

Well, my cat catches flies in mid air and is an excellent hunter of spiders.

Unfortunately she is too well fed to be any use with mice. She just played with one the other night until it escaped, although I don't know if she would act differently if I wasn't watching. Perhaps if I'm not there she would kill it and leave it for me to find so that I would know she wasn't sleeping on the job. 

Reply #35
I have a cat now as well.

Reply #36
comic lobsters and especially giant red kangaroos rule! cats are pretty much too mainstream.
I love the moderators.

Reply #37
Hmmm... *purr*

Reply #38
I feel quite tempted to turn the avatar display off again (or to steal /\/ephaestous's avatar  - [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'][EDIT][/span] damn, he changed it - it said "Je déteste chats" before... [span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'][/EDIT][/span]) - if everybody has a cat as an avatar, it fails the purpose of providing easy visual identification of each member... Apart from that, the only one that looks *really cute* IMHO is Canar's (and perhaps also Mr. Bryant's).  MadiZone, yours scares me!

Reply #39
I love cats!  They are especially delicious simmered slowly with onions and tomatoes (this is known as cat-ciatore, of course).  For added piquancy, add a few olives and garlic cloves during the final five minutes.  Bon appetit!

-- Another helpful hint from the kitchen of Papa mrosscook.

Reply #40
The peer-pressure is too strong here... 

I took my digi-cam, went outside and took a photo of our neighbour's cat.
I love the moderators.

Reply #41
being a strict vegetarian and animal lover...

I've always wondered if vegetarians eat  Animal Crackers.

Reply #42
Don't worry, we now have a big mean dog around to keep things balanced.

Reply #43
Cats are cute.

Reply #44
My aunt's cat

Reply #45
Apart from that, the only one that looks *really cute* IMHO is Canar's

*tantrum* Did you check the link? It explains nicely why I picked this avatar. It isn't meant to be cute... *bawl*

I suppose it's time to update my signature.

[edit] Bah. Nevermind. Easier to update my avatar. [edit2] And done.

Reply #46
  I'm a new cat converted 
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)

Reply #47
Me too!  Me too! 

Reply #48
Well, my cat catches flies in mid air and is an excellent hunter of spiders.

Unfortunately she is too well fed to be any use with mice. She just played with one the other night until it escaped, although I don't know if she would act differently if I wasn't watching. Perhaps if I'm not there she would kill it and leave it for me to find so that I would know she wasn't sleeping on the job.  :)

There is an interesting theory on this - read it in a book, so it must be true :)

Kittens play with everything and "fight" eachother to improve their hunting skills. At some point their mother will bring them live mice and possible other animals as more challenging targets. If the mother is a well fed cat, she will just let her offspring play the mice to exhaustion/death. But if she needs mice for food, she will teach how to swiftyly execute the prey - i.e. the killer instinct.

As your cat grows up, well fed and happy, it will notice how bad your hunting skill are. It will, as a token of appreaciation, try to teach you as it was taught - by bringing live animals into your house. If it was never taught the killer instinct, it will just set the mice free and show you how to catch it -- until you learn.

While my hunting skills will never be anywhere near those of my cat, they have improved a lot. I can usually catch a half-beaten mouse in 10-15 minutes. I have also learned to catch the mouse by the tail. The mouse will defend itself and it has very sharp teeth -- right into your hand.

Reply #49
My aunt's cat

Hey, love that pic (especially after a bit of color correction)... do you have a copy in higher resolution (just for personal use) I could grab from you?