Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: One click for package codec and plugins (Read 4012 times) previous topic - next topic

One click for package codec and plugins

Hello.
Foobar is the best player in the world.
Would be awesome if you make and executable for all codecs and plugins.Something like 1 in one click.Like k lite update.
You understand what i have talking about here.
Thanks

Reply #1
all

In my opinion, not necessarily representative of Peter and co., this is a prohibitively broad category. Including everything is not feasible. So a subset would have to be chosen. And who should decide what gets included? How can they please everyone? Some user will always object that some plugin they like was missing.

More to the point, if we talk about codecs, for reasons of patents and such, many cannot be redistributed with the installer and must be supplied by the user.

Anyway, 0.8.3 had a Special version that included all first-party components at the time, but that was discontinued, presumably for a good reason.

Reply #2
Nothing stops a third party from collecting all the encoder executables (license permitting) or deploying scripts or link sets for obtaining such a thing in a semi-automatic way from the vendors.

As for components, unless you're a wanker, you better secure the explicit permission of the component author if you're compiling a "best of" collection of input components. Note that it's in all ways VERBOTEN to modify the installer or otherwise redistribute foobar2000 itself.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #3
I think I have better explanations why it is impossible:
1st - everybody can produce new plugin, each day new one. No one controls this process, there's no necessity of registering your plugin anywhere - so no one knows entire list of plugins available on the net
2nd - even those already created aren't all recognized here
3rd - lots of those plugins are unstable, even some very original ones (like BPM plugin for example) - they are causing repeated crashes - I wouldn't be happy to see "all in one distribution" full of unstable plugs
4th - some functionalities are covered by more than one plugin. Who will decide which one is better?

In such situation you should create your own .zip file, updated from time to time and this will allow you to make installation more automatic. On your own and maybe your friends PCs.

Reply #4
One question, why would anyone want to install all plugins and encoders if the one does not need or use those? K-Lite is good codec pack that people missuse and create bloat on their systems for no reason.

Reply #5
YOu shouldn't use K-Lite anyway, CCCP is better in every way.

Reply #6
K-Lite or CCCP don't mean anything with foobar2000 (if you're still talking about foobar2000). foobar2000 needs its own encoders and decoders. Search through the components (http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?ti...2000:Components) and install the ones you need.