Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Convert entire library to alac (from flac) (Read 5469 times) previous topic - next topic

Convert entire library to alac (from flac)

I have a large library of music in FLAC format. I need to create a matching COPY of this library in ALAC (apple lossless) format to be consumed by an ipod/iPhone.

Folder names are currently like this
"Deftones - White Pony [flac]"

I want to end up with folders like this
"Deftones - White Pony [alac]"

and matching ALAC files in the [alac] folder... Make sense?

What's the best way to take care of this, large scale? What is available for command line use/scripting?

Reply #1
What OS?  Since you mention command line/scripting, I'm going to assume Windoze.

foobar2000 + qaac = FLAC -> ALAC with minimal fuss (and completely customizable file/path names), although fb2k won't transfer album art.

Of course, if you really want to write your own scripts for this, qaac is CLI, so there you go.
"Not sure what the question is, but the answer is probably no."

Reply #2
I believe dBpoweramp can convert to Apple Lossless.

Reply #4
dbpoweramp rocks! The bulk tool and multithreaded-ness of it is making this a DREAM.