Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 223173 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #50
without contest menu hack , "open directory"  isn't  useful: can you remove from context menu?

I would have to look for this particular entry, and not include it. I don't know, if it's worth the hassle. I'm currently porting my plugins to fb2k 0.7, the problem probably solved there (I'll have to look a bit more into the new stuff to know for sure).

Database Search

Reply #51
ok! no problems

report bug:

open database search , make query , ok , all work.
closed database search

REOPEN database search (edited: forgotten line)

foobar crash:

FOOBAR2000 a causé une défaillance de page dans
le module FOO_DBSEARCH.DLL à 0187:00fe3047.
Registres :
EAX=00000094 CS=0187 EIP=00fe3047 EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00001ef2 SS=018f ESP=0067f270 EBP=0000000c
ECX=00000000 DS=018f ESI=00ff1fa4 FS=4ecf
EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=0067f314 GS=0000
Octets à CS : EIP :
8b 01 52 ff 50 14 8d 4c 24 10 8b e8 e8 28 8f 00
État de la pile :
00000000 00ff1fa4 0000000c 00001ef2 ffeb0000 00fe2e4b 00000fb4 00ff1fa4 00fe3153 00000000 00fe2cc1 00000000 00ff1fa4 000082a4 bff7152e bff71547
Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #53
Sorry, i have I forgot a line, i have edit  my post  (reopen database search)
Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #54
ok! no problems

report bug:

open database search , make query , ok , all work.
closed database search

REOPEN database search (edited: forgotten line)

foobar crash:

FOOBAR2000 a causé une défaillance de page dans
le module FOO_DBSEARCH.DLL à 0187:00fe3047.
Registres :
EAX=00000094 CS=0187 EIP=00fe3047 EFLGS=00010246
EBX=00001ef2 SS=018f ESP=0067f270 EBP=0000000c
ECX=00000000 DS=018f ESI=00ff1fa4 FS=4ecf
EDX=00000000 ES=018f EDI=0067f314 GS=0000
Octets à CS : EIP :
8b 01 52 ff 50 14 8d 4c 24 10 8b e8 e8 28 8f 00
État de la pile :
00000000 00ff1fa4 0000000c 00001ef2 ffeb0000 00fe2e4b 00000fb4 00ff1fa4 00fe3153 00000000 00fe2cc1 00000000 00ff1fa4 000082a4 bff7152e bff71547

Reproduced

Database Search

Reply #55
Sorry, i have I forgot a line, i have edit  my post  (reopen database search)

Thanks, now I see what was going wrong. This should be fixed now.

Database Search

Reply #56
Thanks for making Ctrl-A work. I still think an option to play all search results when enter is pressed in the search field would be pretty cool, but I'm happy.

Database Search

Reply #57
foo_dbsearch 0.10 public test
Foobar2000 version: 0.7x

Notes: Full documentation will come with the final 0.10 release (later today?). Everyone who has used previous versions of this plugin should have little problems (I hope). For now, the help in the configuration has some basic info.

download link: foo_dbsearch-0.10.zip

from the change log:
[0.10]
2003-06-29
- upgraded to 0.7b9 sdk
- removed epxerimental feature: background color codes
- display string now works like in the playlist (color codes and columns)
- some minor ui changes

Edit by Case: fixed the link

Database Search

Reply #58
There's now preliminary documentation available on foo_dbsearch 0.10: readme.html

In case you already have 0.10, you should redownload it now (small fix+enhancement).

Database Search

Reply #59
great work
Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #60
Ok I think there's again something fishy going on
Is it just me, or doesn't the font for selected text change? No matter how many times I set it to white (actually, the in the color selection, it is the color I've set it) but still it shows as black when I open up the window. All other colors work fine.
But otherwise, really great job here!

Database Search

Reply #61
[0.10a]
2003-06-30
- fixed text color configuration: it now also works, if the search window is closed
- added toggable "quicklist" (lame excuse for not yet having presets)

The quicklist entries can be configured in - tada - the configuration. Each non-empty line will add one entry to the quicklist. If the quicklist is off, the plugin will always use the custom search string from the configuration. If the quicklist is on, the selected quicklist entry is used as search string. The state of the quicklist and its entries are remembered. The selection is remembered, but it is reset to "Custom search string" when you edit the quicklist entries.

PS: Still the same download link as for 0.10.

Database Search

Reply #62
It still won't work. "Selected text color" is still inverted color of "text color" (ie. black if "text color" is white).

Database Search

Reply #63
confirmed, but  choose color same in playlist work fine (0000FF|0000FF)
Simply remove "choose color for selected text" !?

quick list is wonderfull!!!!
Music is my first love.

Database Search

Reply #64
I uploaded 0.10b. "Selected text color" now works like in 0.9 again.

Database Search

Reply #65
Uploaded foo_dbsearch 0.10c for foobar2000 version 0.7b12.
No new features. The download link is still the same as for all previous 0.10 versions.

Database Search

Reply #66
Thanks foosion, the new version is great

A few things

- when you choose something in the search history drop down list, the results is not updated, could this be changed?

- searching gets really slow with complicated display strings, not your fault I suppose? (Its only noticable on empty search with display all entires when query empty on, or searches with lots of results (1000+) difference is 0.09 secs vs ~1-2 secs)

- how come the jump to letter in the result list is gone in 0.9+ ? can it be added again ?

- will playlist search behaviour be improved ?

But the new version is really great (and will be better with the profiles )

Database Search

Reply #67
- when you choose something in the search history drop down list, the results is not updated, could this be changed?

ssamadhi97 asked me to remove this, I think I should make it configurable.

- searching gets really slow with complicated display strings, not your fault I suppose? (Its only noticable on empty search with display all entires when query empty on, or searches with lots of results (1000+) difference is 0.09 secs vs ~1-2 secs)

Try using a separate search string. If the difference in complexity is big enough, you may gain some speed.

- how come the jump to letter in the result list is gone in 0.9+ ? can it be added again ?

The jump to letter feature is part of the standard behaviour of Windows list boxes. The new version uses a custom control. The feature is just not (yet) implement there.

- will playlist search behaviour be improved ?

What do you mean? Please elaborate.

Database Search

Reply #68
well I actually use it to access my frequent searches so that would be helpful

Try using a separate search string. If the difference in complexity is big enough, you may gain some speed.
I dont know, I thought Id use a cut down version of my foobar display string as the database display string but its too slow so Ill just forget about that..

The jump to letter feature is part of the standard behaviour of Windows list boxes. The new version uses a custom control. The feature is just not (yet) implement there.
It thought so, its useful so it would be appreciated..

Its useless adding it back into the playlist on double click dont you think? At least the option to change behaviour (two that come to mind are to play it, or locate it in the playlist) would be nice.

Would it be possible to make a button in config to copy foobar's playlist display colours/font etc. (if they are accessible) ? Would save a lot of time for though of us who use the same colours/settings. (But at the same time Im not particulary bothered)

Thanks.

Database Search

Reply #69

To put things right, ssamadhi97 asked me to change the behaviour in a way that the plugin won't update the results when you choose the currently selected from the dropdown list, thereby destroying the selection. Unfortunately, I noticed that even with the old update code, updating when a new item is selected does not work correctly on my PC. If it worked for you in previous versions, that was merely luck

Its useless adding it back into the playlist on double click dont you think? At least the option to change behaviour (two that come to mind are to play it, or locate it in the playlist) would be nice.

While the plugin already supports searching in multiple domains (databas, playlist, and history), it still is centered around the database. I'm still working on a better integration of other search domains, like configurable, domain specific default actions. The current interfaces do not allow to create a search domain dynamically (for example alternate playlists, bookmark collections, ...). When a (for me) acceptable level of integration has been reached, the name of the plugin will be changed as well.

Would it be possible to make a button in config to copy foobar's playlist display colours/font etc. (if they are accessible) ? Would save a lot of time for though of us who use the same colours/settings. (But at the same time Im not particulary bothered)

Formatting strings are accessible, the font and the colors are not AFAIK.

Database Search

Reply #70

To put things right, ssamadhi97 asked me to change the behaviour in a way that the plugin won't update the results when you choose the currently selected from the dropdown list, thereby destroying the selection. Unfortunately, I noticed that even with the old update code, updating when a new item is selected does not work correctly on my PC. If it worked for you in previous versions, that was merely luck 

No, it didnt, not even in foo_shizzle that's why I was asking about it..
While the plugin already supports searching in multiple domains (databas, playlist, and history), it still is centered around the database. I'm still working on a better integration of other search domains, like configurable, domain specific default actions. The current interfaces do not allow to create a search domain dynamically (for example alternate playlists, bookmark collections, ...). When a (for me) acceptable level of integration has been reached, the name of the plugin will be changed as well.

Sounds good

Formatting strings are accessible, the font and the colors are not AFAIK.

Oh ok then..

Thanks.

Database Search

Reply #71
foo_dbsearch 0.10d
important! fixes (rather huge) memory leak!
[0.10d]
- upgraded to SDK version 0.7b13
- added "jump to letter" feature to result list
- fixed memory leak

to make your life easier: foo_dbsearch-0.10.zip

Database Search

Reply #72
Hello there,

I just have one question on this plugin :
I can't find out how to perform a search that show entries that exactly match.
I want to search entries based on an album reference number.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Database Search

Reply #73
Shit, i posted to the wrong thread....

Database Search

Reply #74
Hello there,

I just have one question on this plugin :
I can't find out how to perform a search that show entries that exactly match.
I want to search entries based on an album reference number.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

I hope you don't want to do case-sensitive matching, because this is not possible ATM. But as far as I've understood your question, you want to search for all entries that have tag field X equal to some value you want to search for. The plugin shows all entries that contain a given keyword (or multiple keywords, but I assume that is not important for your task).
The trick is to choose the search string and the keyword in a way, so that the keyword will only match whole fields. One way to this is to use some delimiters in your search string and to use them in (or rahter around) the keyword as well. Example search string:
Code: [Select]
|%artist%|

With this you can search for |foo|, and the plugin will only find entries where the artist field is equal to foo. Of course you don't need to use the same delimiter character on both sides, you might also use ^ and $, or < and >, or ....