Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What's with these "post beta5" aotuv builds? (Read 7660 times) previous topic - next topic

What's with these "post beta5" aotuv builds?

Does anyone know what exactly is going on with the so-called aoTuV "post beta5" builds appearing since September on the auTuV site?  Has there been any real lowpass experimentation as of late? (it's high time for some of that, mind you).

Look as I might, I cannot find concrete mention of them here at HA.  Anybody?
Copy Restriction, Annulment, & Protection = C.R.A.P. -Supacon

Reply #1
Has there been any real lowpass experimentation as of late? (it's high time for some of that, mind you).
What is real lowpass experimentation?

Look as I might, I cannot find concrete mention of them here at HA.  Anybody?
I don't announce this test version in HA. It is a thing such as the just private build.

Reply #2
I'm sorry, I was just speaking about changing the lowpass threshold since many people have commented about how the presence of the higher frequencies at around q0 helps mask whatever distortions are present in the stream.  At least, I believe many people stated bluntly that AoTuV is very competitive with HE-AAC especially when the lowpass at q0 was raised or removed.  (Personally, I think there's sometimes some hissing like a "steam puff" if you remove/increase the lowpass frequency, but I could be wrong: normal and forced 18khz lowpass).

I thought there was some further experimentation with these lowpass thresholds to determine if they could essentially be disregarded and tuning modeled around lowpass-free or lowpass-reduced encoding.

And thanks, I now understand about it being a private build.  Sorry to bother, but anyway, good luck with the tunings like always.  Akiramenaide.
Copy Restriction, Annulment, & Protection = C.R.A.P. -Supacon

Reply #3
I'm sorry, I was just speaking about changing the lowpass threshold since many people have commented about how the presence of the higher frequencies at around q0 helps mask whatever distortions are present in the stream.  At least, I believe many people stated bluntly that AoTuV is very competitive with HE-AAC especially when the lowpass at q0 was raised or removed.  (Personally, I think there's sometimes some hissing like a "steam puff" if you remove/increase the lowpass frequency, but I could be wrong: normal and forced 18khz lowpass).

I thought there was some further experimentation with these lowpass thresholds to determine if they could essentially be disregarded and tuning modeled around lowpass-free or lowpass-reduced encoding.

I don't think that a high frequency spectrum is important at a low bit rate. If there are data used for a high frequency spectrum, I want to use it to improve other problems more.

I don't reach it now to change this thought.

Reply #4
I tested aotuv post beta 5 20071102 on killer sample "eig".
Pre-echo handling is really better. Nice job!
Aoyumi, what your near future plans? Can we wait some surprises this year? 

Reply #5
I tested aotuv post beta 5 20071102 on killer sample "eig".
Pre-echo handling is really better. Nice job!
Aoyumi, what your near future plans? Can we wait some surprises this year? 

The development of "aoTuV" is in progress to the new beta version.
But, I can say nothing about its release time. More work is necessary for the release.