Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: help with sending songs to mp3 player (Read 3397 times) previous topic - next topic

help with sending songs to mp3 player

I recently converted to foobar and find it an amazing program which i can't believe i didn't know about it before.

One thing i have not worked out how to do is to transfer a playlist created in foobar to my mp3 player.

Previously (using windows media player) i could just drag the playlist to the player and sync which would put all the songs on the player and the playlist ready to use in the player. Is there a way of doing this with foobar?

I have a Creative ZEN X-Fi player.

I have searched the forums but could not find a component or details of how to do this so any guidance would be appreciated.

Reply #1
As far as I know, a lot of those devices use media transfer protocol (MTP) to communicate with the computer. In this case, there isn't really a way of using foobar2000 to transfer music across. Of course, you can see if I'm wrong by finding out whether or not the device has a drive letter in Windows Explorer. If it does, then you'll be in luck.
"Lifting Shadows Off a Dream"

Reply #2
i can connect and see it as a drive and i can manually copy from my music folder to the device. However i want to be able to copy foobar playlists across and have it automatically take over the songs and the playlist - is this possible?

As far as I know, a lot of those devices use media transfer protocol (MTP) to communicate with the computer. In this case, there isn't really a way of using foobar2000 to transfer music across. Of course, you can see if I'm wrong by finding out whether or not the device has a drive letter in Windows Explorer. If it does, then you'll be in luck.

Reply #3
However i want to be able to copy foobar playlists across and have it automatically take over the songs and the playlist - is this possible?

Can not say I understand this, but the following does have the ability to send a playlist worth of various files to your player and then allow you to create and send a playlist that will use the appropriate drive letter and directory structure to work on your player.

Link to old component foo_SendToDevice

EDIT:If you decide to use this, the context menu item is a bit obscure. By default it will only be available via shift+rt click and it will be located under Legacy Commands. It will be titled Select.... You can get it to show via a simple rt click context menu by ticking it in the context menu preferences. It will, however, remain under legacy commands.

Reply #4
Has this been changed in newer foobar versions? Because for me, it works just fine. I can drag files from the playlist to my mp3 player drive letter.