Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HOWTO: output in the same directory as input in batch mode (Read 4901 times) previous topic - next topic

HOWTO: output in the same directory as input in batch mode

Hi

sorry if this is a newbie question that has been answered a thousand times before ... in that case I haven't been able to find the answer :-S

Can I force CUE Tools to have the output directory = the input directory in Batch mode?
I assume that CUE Tools always use the cue file in the input dir?

Background :
I have a rather big collection of 170cds, stored in Vol01 - Vol43, with cd1-3/4 in each volume.  (Complete Bach works)

Now, all images is stored in APE and as a single image per CD.
I need those to be split into tracks and converted into FLAC.

The case is that CUE tools seem to ignore the cue file information, and CUE Tools seem to obtain the info by itself (I am not being asked in Batch mode as far as I recon)

The result from doing the conversion in Batch mode is sorted in a way that is kind of hard to figure out.
Most Artist names is some variation of "J.S. Bach", others are the actual artist name ....and some I don't recognize ...and finally some is just unknown....the tracks is unknown as well.

I thought I could make CUE Tools have the output directory = the input directory will solve my problem.

Again, I am sorry if the questions asked is kind of dumb, but I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere :-S

Reply #1
Can I force CUE Tools to have the output directory = the input directory in Batch mode?
You'll need to make sure any files written are unique (including the new cue file). CUETools won't overwrite a file it is using. A template such as[blockquote][%directoryname%\]%filename%-new[%unique%].cue[/blockquote]should do for what you're asking.
The case is that CUE tools seem to ignore the cue file information, and CUE Tools seem to obtain the info by itself (I am not being asked in Batch mode as far as I recon)
Popup windows are disabled in batch modes (you will not be asked to make selections). You may need to disable the Musicbrainz and freedb databases. More about that here. CUETools also has an option to cache metadata so it remembers metadata already retrieved.
I suggest searching through the [a href='index.php?showtopic=66233']CUETools development thread[/a] where questions like these have already been asked.
korth

Reply #2
You'll need to make sure any files written are unique (including the new cue file). CUETools won't overwrite a file it is using. A template such as[blockquote][%directoryname%\]%filename%-new[%unique%].cue[/blockquote]should do for what you're asking.
Popup windows are disabled in batch modes (you will not be asked to make selections). You may need to disable the Musicbrainz and freedb databases. More about that here. CUETools also has an option to cache metadata so it remembers metadata already retrieved.
I suggest searching through the [a href='index.php?showtopic=66233']CUETools development thread[/a] where questions like these have already been asked.

Voila! works beautiful ;-)
Thx a bunch for quick and a very thorough answer Korth!