Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Burning Audio CDs
Wazaawolf
post Apr 25 2013, 13:18
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107834

Hello,

I decided to back up all of my CDs, because some of them are getting old or scratched. I'm a newbie to ripping and burning Audio CDs, so some advice will be helpful.

- Which is the best format to use? Will mp3 320kbps do fine? Or can I use 16-bit FLAC or WAV too? Can Audio CDs consisting of FLAC or WAV files be read by CD players?

- I know high speeds increase the probability of errors, but does it affect sound quality?

- What is the difference between cheap, off-brand CD-Rs and more expensive CD-Rs? Is there a difference in chance of errors only, or is there a difference in sound quality too?

- On the internet I read something about Gold, Blue, Black and White CD-Rs. What does this mean, and what is the difference between those different types?

I've searched a lot on the internet to find information, but I this things remained unclear to me. Any answer or a link to an answer would be great!

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Wazaawolf
post Apr 25 2013, 16:40
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 107834

Thanks very much for your reply! It answers all my questions. cool.gif
My music is already saved on an external hard disk, so the CDs are for playback. Most people don't seem to have problems with cheap CDs, so I will give them a try.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 05:51