IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Embed relative path of picture/cover which is on the local filesystem?
k_sze
post May 17 2013, 05:52
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 107643

Hello,

The man page for metaflac says that it is possible to embed the URL to a cover on the Internet, without actually fetching it and embedding the picture data into the FLAC file. Is it possible to do the same thing for a cover on the local filesystem, by embedded the relative path? If so, how shall I compose the path string? Any example? I assume it needs to begin with 'file:///', but I suck at understanding RFCs and I haven't really figured out whether the RFCs mean that relative paths are allowed.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick.hughes
post May 17 2013, 14:43
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 40679

QUOTE (k_sze @ May 16 2013, 23:52) *
Hello,

The man page for metaflac says that it is possible to embed the URL to a cover on the Internet, without actually fetching it and embedding the picture data into the FLAC file. Is it possible to do the same thing for a cover on the local filesystem, by embedded the relative path? If so, how shall I compose the path string? Any example? I assume it needs to begin with 'file:///', but I suck at understanding RFCs and I haven't really figured out whether the RFCs mean that relative paths are allowed.

'file:///' is just a shortcut for 'file://localhost/' so I don't think that gives you any way to get a relative path.

Don't know if it would work in this case but a relative url usually leaves out the protocol, so "cover.jpg" in the same folder would just be "cover.jpg", "front.jpg" in a "covers" folder below would be "covers/front.jpg", "album.jpg" in an "artist" folder above would be "../album.jpg", etc.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2014 - 03:35