Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Webradio Metatagging (Read 5238 times) previous topic - next topic

Webradio Metatagging

Hello everybody,

I'm currently looking for a solution that allows me to define Metatags for my webradios. More presisely I'd like to set e.g. %album% = 'Sunshine Live' and %albumsort% = 'Webradio' globally, so it might be used within the playlist and popup+ (while playing but also without listening to the radio).

Because if the radio isn't playing it just shows %title% e.g. as 'sl_studio' - nothing else. When listening the station sends me the currently played %title% and %artist%, which is fine but that's basically it. Now, I don't need the album of the current track, but I'd like to enrich the metadata statically per radio station.

I know there are some restrictions by the nature of the streaming plugin. But I'd really like to have something like this, since I listen to webradio quite often.

Is there any best practice, special plugin or similar experience you guys can share with me? I reeeeally would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,
Ben

Webradio Metatagging

Reply #1
+1

I'd also love the ability to give titles/names to my radio stations.

Webradio Metatagging

Reply #2
AFAIK, streams cannot be tagged, just like any other read-only source.

By default/the core, that is. Maybe m-TAGS can add this functionality as an overlay.

Webradio Metatagging

Reply #3
That's exactly what I was thinking of... some kind of an overlay. And the basic concept of m-Tags would actually work fine for my purpose. However, I don't really get the plugin to run properly - donno why.

Webradio Metatagging

Reply #4
Please ask in its own thread, and actually explain there what you mean: what doesn’t work, what you mean by “properly”, and so on.

Webradio Metatagging

Reply #5
Ok, now that I know how the plugin acutally works I'm happy to state that its a perfect solution for my problem.

@emte you should give it a try!!!
@db1989 again, thank you so much.

/* EDIT */
Hmm... but unfortunately it doesn't work while listening to the radio.

Webradio Metatagging

Reply #6
Great to hear!

Edit: Hmm. Maybe luigimercurio can offer an explanation in the other thread about how it apparently can’t work on currently playing streams, if that’s what you mean.

Webradio Metatagging

Reply #7
Yeah, i hope he can. Even though it wouldn't allow me to do a string replace on the sent %title% in order to get rid of the radio station's name, I'd be so greatful to have m-TAGS working like I thought it would. Thanks again.

Webradio Metatagging

Reply #8
I'm happy to announce that m-TAGS has been updated to fit my needs. Now it prefers these special tags it introduces to foobar over the dynamic sent ones by the webradio. So, if no %artist% and %title% are set within m-TAGS, the dynamic ones are used instead, but all the other m-TAGS like %album% etc. remain. As soon as I've got my webradio configuration nearly finished, I'll explain and post it here, so others may profit from my experiences.

The current Version of m-TAGS can be found here.
Find the discussion concerning m-TAGS over here.
While the topic related discussion starts over here.

Webradio Metatagging

Reply #9
AFAIK, streams cannot be tagged, just like any other read-only source.

By default/the core, that is. Maybe m-TAGS can add this functionality as an overlay.

At least we should be able to give the streams the names we want, and without the need to use a 3rd party plugin, just like all other serious audio players do.