IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Bluetooth Car Adapters - Any good quality ones?, Moved from General Audio (TOS #6)
CoyoteSmith
post Nov 24 2013, 20:54
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 50696

I use Google Play to stream my music @ 320kbps and play to my car stereo via Aux. However I would like to start using Bluetooth instead. I've ready about Bluetooth audio compression and I'm aware all options are lossy - however some compressions are better than other. To save myself $$$ via trial and error, I'm wondering if any of you have experience with Bluetooth adapters that work in cars such as this one.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
darkbyte
post Nov 25 2013, 18:00
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 91517

I have a JVC Bluetooth enabled head unit. Because it supports only the SBC codec for receiving audio i was expecting very bad quality but as it turned it's actually quiet good if you consider the noisy environment of the car. Because A2DP uses lossy compression - as you've already mentioned - you can improve the final result by using lossless or near lossless (like WavPack hybrid or LossyFLAC) audio on your phone.

(Btw i'm just experimenting with a 16kHz bandwidth limited Musepack for the same purpose to lower audio bitrate while still not using a transform codec.)

This post has been edited by darkbyte: Nov 25 2013, 18:30
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2014 - 15:09