Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Two "masstagger-like" plugins (Read 90999 times) previous topic - next topic

Two "masstagger-like" plugins

[span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%']foo_setyear[/span]
Adds submenu to "Masstagger" menu, and allows to set DATE field for selected files with only one click.

[span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%']foo_freedb[/span]
Allows to retrieve tags from freedb service for any set of files (mp3, mpc, flac, ... - not only CDDA tracks).

Simply select complete album and plugin will try to guess discid of original CD and retrieve tracklist from freedb. Plugin usually fails to generate valid discid, but thanks to fuzzy search logic of freedb service, is able to find proper entry in most of the cases.
This is first version (early beta), so you can give it a try, but expect it to possibly explode 

Reply #1
Adds submenu to "Masstagger" menu, and allows to set DATE field for selected files with only one click.

I like it 

Reply #2

Aggh! Wow! Fantastic but I can't believe your timing. I spent hours just last night adding DATE tags to hundreds of albums. If only I'd waited one more day... !

Reply #3
foo_freedb

Hangs up RC 14 for about 15-20 seconds when selecting an 192kbps MP3 with no tags. The information is finally retrieved, but the hangup is really annoying.

Reply #4
Hangs up RC 14 for about 15-20 seconds when selecting an 192kbps MP3 with no tags. The information is finally retrieved, but the hangup is really annoying.

Yeah, I know. All freedb connections seem to last a little "longer" than it should be... But hey! This plugin is 1 day old  Evetually I'll try to figure out something.

Reply #5
I'm just curious, what kind of info does it sent to freedb?

Reply #6
I understand completely. Just keep us updated. I love the effort ur putting into it. Really appreciate it. Heh.

Oh, and the options arent too clear, but when you load a cd into foobar, will the information automatically be retrieved?

Reply #7
I'm just curious, what kind of info does it sent to freedb?

- "Possible" discid (kind of checksum computed from track offsets in seconds and number of tracks)
- number of tracks
- offsets (in seconds) of each track (+2 seconds, I assumed that "every CD has 2 seconds offset")
- email you entered in configuration
- foobar version string (foobar2000 0.7_RC14)
- supported protocol version (number "5")

It simply performs hello, query and read commands from freedb protocol

Reply #8
Oh, and the options arent too clear, but when you load a cd into foobar, will the information automatically be retrieved?

No. But I think it is possible to implement, so I'll look into it later.

Reply #9
Would it be possible to extend the foo_setyear plugin (or create a new plugin using this plugin as it's base) to somehow enable basic macros? So in it's configuration one could  set the macros like "set xxx" and you could edit it to for example "set genre" and then edit the genre list or "set fullalbum" and you could set it to write tag %fullalbum%=true  or remove the %fullalbum% tag etc etc. Something like that would be GREAT!

Reply #10
foo_freedb
Allows to retrieve tags from freedb service for any set of files (mp3, mpc, flac, ... - not only CDDA tracks).

Wow!

Reply #11
These are wonderful plugins. Thanks Messer.

Bug? Checkmarks aren't saved/shown. It seems I can't get the setyear to submenu decades and freedb seems to work, but will not show checkmarks.
I'm on Win98 if that might have importance.

Request. Do you think integration of Musicbrainz DB (lookup/submit) might be possible?

Musicbrainz Website

Reply #12
OK, new (0.5beta) version of foo_freedb is ready.

Lots of bugfixes (multiple exact matches are no longer ignored; multiline fields are properly supported; component now uses its own http reader, so this connection lag is gone) and changes (see yourself ).

@YinYang: hmmm... checkboxes work fine here, really don't know what's going on.  About Musicbrainz - well, I believe that  someone is already working on Musicbrainz support...

Reply #13
Would it be possible to extend the foo_setyear plugin (or create a new plugin using this plugin as it's base) to somehow enable basic macros? So in it's configuration one could  set the macros like "set xxx" and you could edit it to for example "set genre" and then edit the genre list or "set fullalbum" and you could set it to write tag %fullalbum%=true  or remove the %fullalbum% tag etc etc. Something like that would be GREAT!

IMO much better solution would be preset support for original masstagger...

Reply #14
Damn, u are fast. Excellent improvement in performance, however, accuracy is going at 0% even with mp3 files from artists that are VERY well known. Even megapopular mainstream top 40 artists are matched with oldies, foreign, jazz and even new age music.

Reply #15
@YinYang: hmmm... checkboxes work fine here, really don't know what's going on.  About Musicbrainz - well, I believe that someone is already working on Musicbrainz support...

Ad checkboxes:
Well it might just be my machine. Besides its not that much of a biggie for me since the Freedb works anyway and I can live withoud the decade-submenues.

Ad Musicbrainz:
Oh I know about Flatbinary's plans. It's just that I got the vibe that it might take a while before he finds the time and since I can be an impatient person, I wanted to spread the idea and chances of realisation.

Reply #16
Damn, u are fast. Excellent improvement in performance, however, accuracy is going at 0% even with mp3 files from artists that are VERY well known. Even megapopular mainstream top 40 artists are matched with oldies, foreign, jazz and even new age music.

Hmm... I tried it on lots of mpc/ogg vorbis/mp3 albums and accuracy seems to be pretty fine here.

Remember to try it only on full, properly sorted (by track number) albums - freedb database stores only information for complete albums, not single songs...

Reply #17
foo_freedb, all i can say is WOW!

Great work, and keep improving it.

One small feature request: An option to manually read tags from a custum discid (aka: automatic guessing didnt work, but i didnt found it via www.freedb.org)
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

- Abraham Lincoln

Reply #18
Doesn't seem to be reading any of my full ripped albums as well.

It picks up a totally different artist/album and even genre, wierd.

Reply #19

IMO much better solution would be preset support for original masstagger...

Yes, it'd be much better, but....

Reply #20
How about Unicode support? I can`t retrieve Russian CD titles...

Reply #21
One small feature request: An option to manually read tags from a custum discid (aka: automatic guessing didnt work, but i didnt found it via www.freedb.org)

Not a bad idea... Implemented, download plugin again.

Reply #22

AFAIK freedb supports only Iso-Latin-1 characters.

Reply #23

Not a bad idea... Implemented, download plugin again.

Works very well, thanks!

This plugin is a real time saver!
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.

- Abraham Lincoln

Reply #24

AFAIK freedb supports only Iso-Latin-1 characters.

Correct according to freedb's documentation.