Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Matroska Input Plugin (Read 31676 times) previous topic - next topic

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #50
the plugin in foobar is for mka not mkv files, try creating a mka file with only the ac3 with mmg (mkvtoolnix)
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #51
the plugin in foobar is for mka not mkv files, try creating a mka file with only the ac3 with mmg (mkvtoolnix)

mka == mkv == mks
The extension only differs to make it easier for users to tell if a file should have just audio or video too.

AFAIK There is no AC3 packet decoder, so until there is one AC3 cannot be played from Matroska files in fb2k.

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #52
i'm aware that it's just an extension  but i thought the file would not play if there was video with it but for my surprise it actually does
Allegari nihil et allegatum non probare, paria sunt.

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #53
Is is a bug, or just an unsupported feature ?

There is no packet decoder for AC3 from containers like MP4 or MKA in fb2k yet .....

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #54
i'm aware that it's just an extension  but i thought the file would not play if there was video with it but for my surprise it actually does

matroska's underlying EBML structure allows it very easily to skip features, and also tracks, that are unsupported. Even the very first version of the fb2k MKA plugin could read audio tracks from MKV video files just fine  ......

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #55
 Thanks for your answer.

I was really pleased to see that playing the audio part of a matroska video file worked well with this foobar component, and this is the reason why I stopped using AVI container for matroska, for my video clips collection : I don't have to duplicate the audio in a standalone file to integrate it in my foobar-managed music collection 

So now I have to wait for an AC3 packet decoder (if it happens one day ?), or the SV7.5/8 of mpc to get rid of mp3 or ogg  Maybe this is time to try aac 

Thanks again for your work.

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #56
I have heard that not all of the fb2k plugins support a source other than the raw file itself.  In fact, most of the plugins don't.  So, some part of many of these plugins have to be rewritten to allow them to decode audio from a different source.  I don't know how much work it is though to fix these plugins.

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #58
This is slightly off-topic:

It seems to me that putting a full CD into MKA gets more and more attractive. Even more so with new lossless formats on their way (into the container).

There is still an unsolved problem with mkvmerge > 0.8.2 and FLAC files. Current foobar2000 Matroska component keeps crashing during replaygainging or when the end of the file is reached during playing.

My question: Does anyone of the Matroska team have a guess where this problem comes from? I guess it is in the FLAC component as this is the only affected format. MP3 and others work well.

Regards,

tiki4

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #59
Ah so that is a real bug? I thought it was just my setup. Any news on when it will be fixed?

Matroska Input Plugin

Reply #60
It seems to me that putting a full CD into MKA gets more and more attractive. Even more so with new lossless formats on their way (into the container).

Yup, i agree. Next thing to come is Wavpack, and we will maybe even look into APE right after that. Makes a lot of packet decoders to code for Death  ....