Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: french manual for foobar2000 (Read 6948 times) previous topic - next topic

french manual for foobar2000

I know that some french people are reading this board, and that's why I've decided to create this topic.
I'm writing a complete manual of foobar2000, for francophone people. It's the third guide I'm trying to complete 
It's now easily available on the following adress :
www.foobar2000.net

It's incomplete, and some important parts are missing. But I expect to finish it at the end of this month.
Comments, critics are welcome

Reply #1
Hi guruboolez,

chapeau!!!! Hut ab!!! This is a great manual which opens for many users the access to foobar2000. Anybody out there who is going to translate this in English???? Unfortunately my French is too poor to do this.
There is also a small totorial in German language ( http://www.audiohq.de ), but not to compare with that one of guruboolez!!

Martin

Reply #2
merci beaucoup guruboolez pour ce manuel

Reply #3
This guide is so good, it really needs an English translation! Such a great walk through through all the really coold features that make foobar such a great player. Just check out all the pictures!
Using bablefish for the rough draft this should not be too difficult for those lucky enough to be fluent in French and English.

Reply #4
Good job! I don't understand French, but looking at it, it seems pretty exhaustive!

I second the motion for somebody to translate this, especially given foobar2000's lack of a manual/introduction guide. Guruboolez, I've found your English across the board good enough to make me wonder why you didn't write it in English in the first place (and then have people copyedit it). I'm sure it would have been harder, but also much more rewarding given the wide audience it would have.

Keep up the good work.

Reply #5
nice work, a pretty exhaustive guide to foobar

Je l'ai lu il ya longtemps ça m'avait beaucoup aidé

Reply #6
Yes, it's by far the best guide I've seen (and probably that exists) on the Internet about foobar.
Sadly it hasn't been updated last year, and dates back to v0.7.7
and some pages are still missing 

Reply #7
Quote from: guruboolez,Jan 4 2004, 10:47 PM

Hi Guru,
I do not know from where you draw all this energy to write such complete tutos to us but, respect ! The handbook on foobar2000.net, although unfinished, had justified me at the time migrating of winamp to foobar (in addition to the quality of restitution there, I had another interest being in Bi-amplification, the component channeldividerF is a wonder for that).  With the profusion of new components and functions since version 0.7, the task will be monstrous. In any case, I suggest you to keep the same presentation which was quite clear without being too austere, the technical complements are also welcome as you had done for the adjustments parts and encoding.
Bon courage! "
Emu 1212m, PIV 2Ghz, ATI9550, WinXp, Debian Etch

Reply #8
BloKosss,

Would you be happy if I were post in a language you do not understand? Read TOS #10.

Reply #9
It's really sad when there is no manual for a program in its native language, oh well. keep up the work
[span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']"We will restore chaos"-Bush on Iraq[/span]

Reply #10
The sad french way: "There shall be no other language than french".

Reply #11
Guruboolez, I've found your English across the board good enough to make me wonder why you didn't write it in English in the first place

Probably because his French is delightfull, while his English is just ordinary.

Reply #12
It's really sad when there is no manual for a program in its native language, oh well. keep up the work
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286565"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hehe, learn french 

Reply #13
ah tiens ca fait plaisir un peu de français dans ce monde tout en english 
Sorry for the bad english, I'm french .

Reply #14
ah tiens ca fait plaisir un peu de français dans ce monde tout en english 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=286731"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This forum is still english only.

Reply #15
Hagyjuk már ezt a nagyképüskődést. Én is tudok más idegen nyelven beszélni de a forum nyelve az angol.

(Sorry Jan S. I could not resist the temptation. I stop being childish and go back to work.)

Reply #16
Many replies theses last days 

Few clarifications.
I can't translate www.foobar2000.net. I've still some respect for foreign language and readers... I need sometimes many hours to write a complete message on HA.org. Translating the current state of the guide in an approximate english would take many weeks. I can't afford this.

But if someone is interested to do it, or simply take this guide as basis for a a different one in any other language, he or she is welcome. Same goes for screenshot. But don't count on me: it's simply impossible.

Currently, I've few time and motivation for updating the guide. Moreover, I don't have a permanent connection to the web — necessary condition for a software like foobar2000 and the active community working on it.
Like many people, I'm waiting for the next step (0.9).

Reply #17
Currently, I've few time and motivation for updating the guide. Moreover, I don't have a permanent connection to the web — necessary condition for a software like foobar2000 and the active community working on it.
Like many people, I'm waiting for the next step (0.9).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287008"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does this mean that you plan to update the guide once 0.9 is out?

Reply #18
I plan to think about it when 0.9 will be available ;-)