IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules

Please read foobar2000 Tech Support Forum Rules before posting and comply with all the points.
Failure to provide all the information pointed out in the above document in your post is considered wasting other people's time and in extreme cases will lead to your topic getting locked without a reply.

See also: Hydrogenaudio Terms of Service.

Problems with Fb2K and La 0.4b, I can't play la files...
vize84
post May 5 2004, 15:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8783

I'm not able to play la files even thought I have installed the right plugin in the components directory in foobar2K version 8.1, when I try to play the same compressed file with WinAmp 5.03 (with the right plugin) everything works fine; the strange thing is that I remember that 1 or 2 months ago I could play la files with foobar without problems (probably I had an older verion of foobar, but I'm nt sure), can anybody help me?
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
VCSkier
post Feb 7 2005, 06:40
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 19325

i ran into the same problem you did. it just dosent seem to work, and will do different things when i try... when i did some exploring, i found this quote on the la documentation: "The plugin is designed to work with foobar2000 versions 0.7x. It will most likely not work with earlier or later versions." also, i found foo_la listed as a "problematic component" in this thread for other reasons: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....17872&hl=foo_la unfortunate eh? i really like la simply for archival. from what ive seen it has the best compression ratio of all the lossless encoders, particularly when utilizing its commands -high and -noseek. btw, if any of you know of a lossless encoder that can put out a better compression ratio, let me know.

--------------------
a windows-free, linux user since 1/31/06.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2014 - 08:52